News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

more cars to keep an eye on.

Started by gt350shelb, January 29, 2020, 08:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Coralsnake

All related to the Shawnee cars. Like the thread about the supposed clone in Texas. Someone needs to link them all together

Mustangcraze

The DA, Allen Grubb, has recently auctioned 2 of the cloned Shelby's, both 1970 GT500 convertibles. He re-titled the vehicles using a state assigned VIN but neglected to take the stolen VIN's off the inner apron fenders.  He advertised these cars with their respective Marti reports also showing the stolen VIN's. The auction item description never revealed the cars as clones. The County Sheriff spent 3 hours in court attempting to get an injunction to stop Grubb's auction. The injunction was denied. An Oklahoma highway patrol trooper performed an inspection and submitted a report for all "visible" VIN's on these cars. That's why the injunction was denied. The judge just didn't understand it. I think the trooper missed a few "visible" VIN's because the auction showed pictures of cloned 68KR engine bays with the Shelby automotive plates still attached.
There is another auction scheduled in June for the remaining clones. All of the perps are now deceased. Wherever they are today, I'm sure they are "laughing out loud". The DA is selling these stolen/cloned cars just as they intended. He's a very $ hungry attorney.  These cars were never Shelby's, not even rebodied Shelby's.
I'm sorry. This has greatly embarrassed me.

The Going Thing

Bigfoot

What a sh!t show and what a shame.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Coralsnake

Don Johnston

I am confused on the use of the term Clone" with regards to modifying these Mustangs.  Doesn't something that is cloned, have some of the original DNA?  These do not. 

Quote from: Don Johnston on March 08, 2020, 11:17:59 PM
I am confused on the use of the term Clone" with regards to modifying these Mustangs.  Doesn't something that is cloned, have some of the original DNA?  These do not.
.   "Genetic engineering" ring a bell??? ;D

The Going Thing

The Mustang certainly shares the same DNA considering the Shelby is really more or less an appearance package. A Fraud would be someone trying to SELL it as an original.

Coralsnake

Don Johnston

The Going Thing

I am fortunate that I own a real car.  The ones I hate most are the continuation cars. Not a good replica. Without the replicas, Cobra and Shelby Mustangs the cars would be all but forgotten because most do NOT drive them. They collect dust. I drive my car at least once a week.