News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Stewart Warner 240A fuel pump

Started by mlplunkett, January 30, 2020, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350hr

I still run one in conjunction with a Carter Nascar pump up front. The unique thing about a 240A pump is that fuel will flow through it with the pump "off". I have run with it on and off and without it in the system at all. It makes about a +1 MPH difference when on so I keep it , using  it in high gear when fuel demand is critical. That's one good thing about drag racing , it tells you via the time slip if your modifications help or hurt.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

pbf777

Quote from: gt350hr on October 23, 2020, 10:45:19 AM
   I have run with it on and off and without it in the system at all. It makes about a +1 MPH difference when on so I keep it , using  it in high gear when fuel demand is critical. That's one good thing about drag racing , it tells you via the time slip if your modifications help or hurt.
   Randy

I think that means your using 110% of your fuel delivery capacity without it, and I'm sure you know, that could prove to be one of the bad things about drag racing,.......when your told you hurt something!       :'(

And yeah, they're old technology, but they have proven do work reliably (if you have a good one) and if applied in a reasonable application and with a proper execution of installation they can provide that which may be required, and still impart the nostalgic presentation one might desire.         8)     

Scott.

gt350hr

One thing you don't find on my car is "bells and whistles". Vintage and stealth is how I roll. 240A fits my image LOL. If I don't lift the hood , everyone thinks I have an LS , LMAO.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.