Author Topic: Stewart Warner 240A fuel pump  (Read 934 times)

mlplunkett

• View Profile
Re: Stewart Warner 240A fuel pump
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2020, 02:49:39 PM »
   I have seem them mounted to the bracket for the trunk hinge on the driver's side.

Randy,
That would be the more common single SW240A unit mounting arrangement. It had issues being up so high. I have SAI photos somewhere of the single plumbing arrangement and the passages where it enters the underside and connects to the long range fuel tank fuel pickup. The point of entry for the dual is similar.
The previous image above that Bob G. posted is the dual SW240A mounting from 5R098. I took dimensions of that bracket years ago and installed it in my 65. Here it is:

Earl,
Can you share the dimensions of that bracket?
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

dmb496

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2020, 07:29:53 PM »
The Ebay seller's name is margeracsalva.

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2020, 12:42:22 PM »
BTW on the series vs parallel pump plumbing debate I came across this photo on a GT40 site.

Yes, this is a popular plumbing execution, it is simple, neat and clean, perhaps, maybe even "period" correct, but it is still not an efficient or proper execution, but then it may be "sufficient", and that's all that counts.  Right!      ;) 

And, I see that we are using the the appropriate tool for such a plumbing endeavor considering the hardware store brass, the "ever-adjustable-left-handed-metric-standard-universal" Crescent wench!  But, I suppose it's a step up from the "monkey-wrench" anyway! 

BTW,........... did you know that the flats within the jaws of the Crescent wrench are not intended to be parallel by design?  Or, that it is intended to be directional in its' position relative to the direction of the rotational force applied.  Oops, sorry, I'm rambling again!      ::)

Scott.   

mlplunkett

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2020, 02:38:07 PM »
Bob,
Do you consider the 2-pump setup in the photo you provided to be "correct" for an R model or was this something that was done different for different car owners? Does the setup in the photo use the same 2-pump bracket that is shown in the other post? It almost looks like each pump had it's own bracket in your photo but it's too dark to be sure.
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction