News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Vintage Photos of 6S033

Started by Brant, March 02, 2018, 10:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brant

I received an unexpected treat in the mail this week when this print showed up. It was taken of 6S033 when one of the Shelby employees leased the car through Shelby's employee lease program. It was taken in the Spring of 1966 at Yosemite Falls in California.

It's a great compliment to the other vintage photos that I previously received from the first retail owner when he took delivery of the car in September of 1967.

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

gt350cs

I really enjoy seeing these vintage pictures. I hope more will follow your examples.

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

06H275

GT350Lad

Awesome Brant, thanks for posting. Is that gauge on her dash aftermarket?

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Shelby_r_b

Sooooo awesome!  I, too, love seeing the vintage pics.

Thanks for sharing!
Nothing beats a classic!

EdwardGT350

interesting observations
- cragars
- no front bumperettes
- no reverse lights
-seatbelt leather pad(tan) on the latch side not tongue side
- white shifter ball?
1966 GT350 6s1761

Brant

Quote from: GT350Lad on March 02, 2018, 03:15:27 PM
Awesome Brant, thanks for posting. Is that gauge on her dash aftermarket?

Cheers

By Sept. of 1967, the original tach had already been stolen.
-Brant

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Dkutz

missing a center cap on the front wheel

Brant

Quote from: EdwardGT350 on March 02, 2018, 03:35:06 PM
interesting observations
- cragars
- no front bumperettes
- no reverse lights
-seatbelt leather pad(tan) on the latch side not tongue side
- white shifter ball?

"Cragars"
Original invoice from SA shows the radio, but no wheels. I'm not really sure what the deal with the wheels were. It just seems that if Cragars were on the car when SA sold it, they would have charged for them! Can you imagine Shelby not charging for something that was supposed to be charged for? :)
They didn't miss the radio.

"No front bumper guards"
Through three Shelby employee leases and apparently an entire year at Dana Chevrolet, I'm pretty sure it was "ridden hard and put away wet" most of the time.

"No reverse lights"
That one is easy. It's 6S033. All of the carryovers started as 1965 Mustangs, so none of them had back up lights.

"seatbelt leather pad(tan) on the latch side not tongue side"
It still had the original seat belts when I purchased it in 1999, and yep, that's the way they were.

"white shifter ball"
What is the first thing you did in 1967 after buying a GT350? Install a Hurst shifter, of course!

-Brant

TLea

Quote from: Brant on March 02, 2018, 04:42:55 PM
It still had the original seat belts when I purchased it in 1999, and yep, that's the way they were.
Brant, 6s007 had same belt configuration

Brant

Quote from: TLea on March 02, 2018, 04:52:48 PM
Quote from: Brant on March 02, 2018, 04:42:55 PM
Brant, 6s007 had same belt configuration
Tim,

Thanks for your input. I've seen quite a few cars built around that time with that seat belt configuration and even the tan (as opposed to black dyed) leather pads.
-Brant

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

GT350Lad

Whr do you think of dash gauge Brant? Was it a original top cobra logo when you got her?
6S373
6S1276