News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Nightmist Blue / Parchment GT500 arrives in SoCal

Started by 68krrrr, February 10, 2020, 09:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68krrrr

So thanks to everyone along the way who helped me on my journey to find a 67 GT500 car ,you guys have commented on several cars i've asked about over the last year .Even though i had never actually seen a parchment car in person until recently ,i knew i wanted one of these rare birds just based on the pics i'd seen.But they never seemed to come up for sale ,until recently when 2 of them popped up so i knew i had to make a move.I was outbid on the Dark moss green one at Scottsdale BJ a few weeks (stayed in till $180) but i knew this one was available also ,so i had it checked out as  soon as i got home form Scottsdale ,it all seemed to checked out with the # on block & bjbk carbs ,& was in pretty good  condition.Picked it up for $140 which i thought was a good deal considering the color combo & todays market .
Appears to have had a restoration done about 8 to 10 yrs ago with very little milege since,paint is really good has a few minor blemishes & chrome is really nice my detail guy is gonna work his magic with paint correction & ceramic coat & should look great ,interior is unbelievably good for it's age & that its so white no rips or tears anywhere.Engine bay is very presentable & clean several things missing & wrong but easily fixable .For the price i paid i'm very satisfied & looking forward to enjoying it.
Couple observations & ? came with a full 6 page DS0 #2562 is this considered a built sheet ? & also noticed in another thread some guys where looking for a full legible copy of this DSO #2562 lmk & i can send it over .
Also baed on another thread i was able to locate the Ford vin under the passenger side fender & got the Marti already which says it came with 10 spokes which is cool as i like those anyway ,but mine which seem to be original (tapered spoke) have the centers painted gold ,is that possibly original (I'm guessing not ) & does anyone have a contact of someone on the West coast that refinishes  them thanks.
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

68krrrr

Here's pic of the 1st of 6 pages of the DSO & another page seems to be some kind of electrical check page they did & the gold ten spokes
Current
1967 GT500 #1724

Previously owned
1968 GT/CS

Thanks Adam

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68krrrr on February 10, 2020, 09:37:40 PM
So thanks to everyone along the way who helped me on my journey to find a 67 GT500 car ,you guys have commented on several cars i've asked about over the last year .Even though i had never actually seen a parchment car in person until recently ,i knew i wanted one of these rare birds just based on the pics i'd seen.But they never seemed to come up for sale ,until recently when 2 of them popped up so i knew i had to make a move.I was outbid on the Dark moss green one at Scottsdale BJ a few weeks (stayed in till $180) but i knew this one was available also ,so i had it checked out as  soon as i got home form Scottsdale ,it all seemed to checked out with the # on block & bjbk carbs ,& was in pretty good  condition.Picked it up for $140 which i thought was a good deal considering the color combo & todays market .
Appears to have had a restoration done about 8 to 10 yrs ago with very little milege since,paint is really good has a few minor blemishes & chrome is really nice my detail guy is gonna work his magic with paint correction & ceramic coat & should look great ,interior is unbelievably good for it's age & that its so white no rips or tears anywhere.Engine bay is very presentable & clean several things missing & wrong but easily fixable .For the price i paid i'm very satisfied & looking forward to enjoying it.
Couple observations & ? came with a full 6 page DS0 #2562 is this considered a built sheet ? & also noticed in another thread some guys where looking for a full legible copy of this DSO #2562 lmk & i can send it over .
Also baed on another thread i was able to locate the Ford vin under the passenger side fender & got the Marti already which says it came with 10 spokes which is cool as i like those anyway ,but mine which seem to be original (tapered spoke) have the centers painted gold ,is that possibly original (I'm guessing not ) & does anyone have a contact of someone on the West coast that refinishes  them thanks.
The DSO sheets or what we have always referred to as add+delete sheets were for not just your car but a series of cars all built the same with maybe a difference in color . It went into detail of what Ford parts were to be deleted and what others would take their place as a destined Shelby car. I don't think the cars were actually built with the parts and then the parts physically taken off and replaced . It was more for Fords paperwork I believe and the way they needed to reconcile things. I believe the Shelby spec parts were installed from the get go. The electrical sheet was more for discovering problems note them if any so that they could be fixed later. I have seen the gold tint before . I do not believe it was a original tint but something added later or the decomposing clear coat. There are too many examples that are not that way. The wheels will need to have the centers and backside blasted /cleaned and then the front surface machined . They were not polished.The fine machining is done to all of the surfaces people typically polish. Jim C. used to get them done for people .Congrats on your purchase.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

Congratulations!

I wish I had a parchment interior  :-[

Funny thing, when I first fell for Shelby Mustangs decades ago, if were lucky enough to have a parchment interior, I probably would have made it black. Crazy huh?   ::)

JD

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on February 10, 2020, 11:02:03 PM
Congrats and enjoy!! 👍🏻

Do whatever "correcting" makes you happy.  Yes, the "gold-tone" on the wheels is something you could easily correct.  There are a number of Shelby guys out west that can help you.  Jeff Speegle is one.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelbydoug

The original clearcoat on the 10 spokes eventually turns yellow. From a distance, it makes the castings between the spokes have a gold tone.

It would be a suggestion to me that the wheels might be originals?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

Beautiful car... On 1.0 I asked if my 10 spoke wheels should be gold colored and the response was, it is the faded clear coat that begins to yellow too a much more muted color. Yours appears to be a nice looking bright gold color but not original, easily fixed if you so choose. Nice grab enjoy it to the fullest.

csheff

Congrats nice car, what is the Shelby serial #? sister car to mine but no LeMan's stripes

68krrrr

Current
1967 GT500 #1724

Previously owned
1968 GT/CS

Thanks Adam

pbf777

Quote from: shelbydoug on February 11, 2020, 08:15:17 AM
The original clearcoat on the 10 spokes eventually turns yellow. From a distance, it makes the castings between the spokes have a gold tone.

It would be a suggestion to me that the wheels might be originals?

And, so if pleasing to your eye, myself, I wouldn't perhaps be in a big rush to abolish this established over time character.     ;)

Scott.

mark p

Congrats  8) beautiful car & color combo
I think(?) it may have been on forum 1.0, but someone posted something to the effect - if you don't love a Nightmist Shelby, you don't have a soul  :o
The parchment really sets it off. Enjoy!
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird