News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

We're there.

Started by 1967 eight barrel, February 12, 2020, 06:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot

Eight Barrel
I sent you a PM but it bounced back.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Coralsnake

The OP is no longer on the forum

NC TRACKRAT

I was going to offer a suggestion how to cope with stress given to me years ago by a friend: "Practice your breathing". Oh, well. "Time and tide wait for no man."
5S071, 6S1467

Tired Sheep

Dont worry

He will be back

We will be able to tell quite easily

He couldnt go three posts without mentioning his former employment, medical history, dislike for California or current employment. It was getting stale.

shelbydoug

E pluribus unum. Out of many, one.

That is the motto of the United States. It is as accurate as accurate can be.

SAAC is much like that. About as diverse a gaggle of geese as there ever was.

It isn't unusual to have very strong differences of opinion in the US, the world in general or here specifically.

SAAC is in no more trouble then the cars are themselves. Things change. People change but hopefully within those changes, they evolve into a wiser and better person?

The theory of the First Amendment is that we all should be able to accept the opinions of others. Something that ordinarily would make our blood boil. Abstract theories of that level although admirable, in practice can be difficult to accept.

As a result, we tend to go to our corners and choose sides.

In the complex society that we live in, new ideas, even old ideas can often seem threatening. People that speak them, unreasonable opportunists.

We all have stories. We all have fears. We all have dreams and aspirations.

We are fiercely independent and don't like to be told what to do or to think.

Admirers of Shelby's vehicles largely fall into the catagory of A types. Gracesousely we want to call those characteristics attributes.

The same things that make a personality strong can also make them difficult to live with at times. Sort of two sides of the same coin.

Not having lived in DFB's shoes, I can't know exactly what makes him tick, nor do I particularly want to. I can probably safely presume that being shot 28 times (or so) in the line of duty, could feasibly be a huge personality/philosophy changer?

I too have felt frustration with other members of SAAC as well as in other communities. For me it was caused simply because I had much high expectation of others here unrealistically. That's a knock on me, not others.

Long ago, I decided that I didn't want to burn down society to make changes for the better. I wanted to work within it. At times I seem to forget that and need to ask an immigrant what is so special about the US? I've never had a reply where they did not know?

Positive change rarely occurs in revolutions. It occurs one person at a time.

I would say that in this occurrence, DFB's resignation from this community here at SAAC is a mistake on his part.
On the point of accepting someone else's diverse opinions politically, I admit that can be difficult, but he has already proved that he does belong here, and hard ass that he is, should stay.

Hey, Lefty's beer isn't bad. You should try some. It won't rot your brain. ;)

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

honker

shelbydoug, well worded post.

Mike

FL SAAC

Shelbydoug that's one nice coin
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

kjspeed

Not offering an excuse (or maybe I am?) but in one of the OP's posts that was pulled down he expressed that both of his parents received terminal cancer diagnoses late last year and he also lost two other family members between then and now. Life (death) is coming at him hard and I'm willing to overlook quite a bit when someone is dealing with that kind of pressure. If you're so inclined, pray for the guy and his family and that he holds it together and returns someday in a better state of mind. ~Kevin
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

gt350hr

People come to this site ( and others) for a variety of reasons . Many to socialize , others to learn , and others to contribute with their knowledge /experience. NO ONE is "obligated" to be here OR post. Many don't post just watch/learn. With that being said this form of communication / interaction is challenging as we see from time to time. Some are offended when no offence was intended.
   Keith contributed often and had much experience. Some of his personal opinions on subjects not related to SAI vehicles was harsh , bordering on offensive to some/many. He related that some of his harshness was "baggage" ( my wording) encountered while serving our country , protecting OUR freedom. More piled on with the recent loss of his parents to cancer. This is not the first person to be haunted this way. "I" chose to "look the other way" and not confront / caution him about the aggression that surfaced at times.. For me that was easier and I participated in the threads where he was back "down to earth". "I" personally can not help him with his demons because I am not qualified despite a desire to help.
     I am sorry Keith chose to leave almost as much as I am sorry "I" don't have the skills to help him. I hope he returns some day.
    Randy

Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

mark p

Quote from: kjspeed on February 13, 2020, 11:40:43 AM
Not offering an excuse (or maybe I am?)...
... I'm willing to overlook quite a bit when someone is dealing with that kind of pressure. If you're so inclined, pray for the guy and his family and that he holds it together and returns someday in a better state of mind. ~Kevin

+1 and [VERY] well stated Kevin, Randy, Doug
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

shelbydoug

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on February 13, 2020, 11:23:26 AM
Shelbydoug that's one nice coin

I think of it as a reminder, less I forget?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Every man some time in his life needs to withdraw and spend some time on the mountain alone. We all withdraw (I believe) to evaluate the sum total of our lives and that is a good thing. It is a road to self actualization?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

CharlesTurner

Quote from: deathsled on February 13, 2020, 01:33:12 PM
Every man some time in his life needs to withdraw and spend some time on the mountain alone. We all withdraw (I believe) to evaluate the sum total of our lives and that is a good thing. It is a road to self actualization?

Well said... and as we get older, this becomes more frequent.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

I sincerely hope he finds what he is looking for,and some peace.Many people never do and that is one of the most tragic things that I have ever seen in this life...Godspeed to him.