Author Topic: We're there.  (Read 7707 times)

1967 eight barrel

We're there.
« on: February 12, 2020, 06:41:28 AM »
Testing 1-2-3.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 01:29:11 AM by 1967 eight barrel »

67 GT350

• View Profile
Re: We're there.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 08:25:51 AM »
Many have ruined the hobby, just look at the parts for sale.
On another point, I repeat, many have ruined the hobby, just look at BJ, Mecum, Ebay, youtube etc.
RARE  Signature Delete

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 09:59:33 AM »
Not certain what has transpired to cause this post, and no offense intended, but one post is more than enough to get your point across.

Bill
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 10:01:09 AM by Bill »
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 11:44:24 AM »
Perspective is key.Things are seldom REALLY terrible OR really great.Your worldview is shaped by that,for better or worse.You can make this world the worst thing ever,or the best,your call.Try optimism,you might like it.Good Luck and Best Wishes.

SBCARGUY

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 12:17:48 PM »
+1

JohnHouston

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 12:43:43 PM »
I know how you feel.  I encountered some stupidity, and some outright hostility when I dared to question the gods (especially when I was demonstrably correct).  I went away.  But, eventually, I came back.

There is a lot of good here.  And, as in life generally, you have to focus on that.  Obsessing on the rest will take you down  . .. .

John

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 02:03:16 PM »
Many have ruined the hobby, just look at the parts for sale.
On another point, I repeat, many have ruined the hobby, just look at BJ, Mecum, Ebay, youtube etc.

Ok so if you are going to make such outlandish statements then you must tell us how it can be fixed!!  Do not be like the politicians and say what is so terrible with our country but NEVER say what they can do to fix it!!!   So you are mad at the auction companies and social media for the prices of cars and parts going up? They did not force anyone to buy those cars and parts.  There were willing buyers that decided the cars/parts were worth that amount of money to them. That is LIFE!  Actually I challenge you to look back around 2006 at what 1967 GT500s were selling for!  You could not buy one at auction for under 200,000.  I would say the prices on those have slipped some.

Please tell us exactly how this hobby and club have been ruined and how you would fix it. 

Thanks
Chad

SBCARGUY

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 05:37:50 PM »
Amen Chad! 8)

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 05:41:07 PM »
Define ruined ?

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 07:09:00 PM »
If the pride and joy was stripped out of my ownership I would sell.This is supposed to be fun or what’s the point???Besides there is always golf...........

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 09:17:20 PM »
To the OP:

Having gone through some high stress moments on my adult life, I offer you the following:

Everything can and will change
You have gotten over certain challenges before
It really is a learning experience on the road of life
Not getting exactly what you want, or how you want it may actually be a blessing in disguise
Make certain to have some fun when you can
Being kind to yourself is the best medicine
Do not allow other peoples negativity get to you, it's not worth worrying about
Remember, there are always things to be thankful for.

Thus ends tonights lesson on getting through this baloney that sometimes life throws at you.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 09:50:10 PM »
To the OP... Since you are so passionate about how the hobby is ruined because of the prices.  I would expect that when you decide to sell yours, you sale it for what you paid for it because I'm sure you don't want to proliferate the increases in prices because you are so offended. 

Seriously, come on man get real, get involved with making positive change and stop the complaining.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

SBCARGUY

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 10:13:05 PM »
Well Said Greg!

And... rather than just the cost of Shelbys and the parts for them... Does anyone want to sell their house for what it cost 40 years ago... If so.. I am a "buyer" "sight unseen" or maybe and old Ferrari or two? 1980's prices? 

And.. Yes... Owned and enjoyed Shelby cars since 1986!  8)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 10:18:19 PM by SBCARGUY »

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 06:42:44 AM »
I understand both sides

I have a couple retired neighbors. They stop by my shop everyday, ya know... drink coffee, see what I’m working on, give me unasked for advice, that kinda stuff that folks 30 years older than you like to do. 

One of them is really into cars. Well, not the cars perse but owning and flipping them.
He will buy a classic for $12,000.

I used to think he wanted to keep one for enjoyment of the car itself.
But nope, every time I’d go over and help him fix one up, he’d go and sell it for $20,000.

He would literally double an asking price if he had to change the battery.
I told him that I thought what he was doing was wrong because it simply drove up the cost to play with older cars. He shrugs and says that is just what he does.
I made it clear I was not interested it helping him fix up any cars, and aside from giving advice, I do not assist him.

He is a great neighbor, I could have easily gotten mad about the situation, but I love the ole fella....
I cannot change who he is, but I can have very good boundaries in my own life.
Sometimes you just have to take people as they are, not everyone has my exact moral code.

Do I feel that some people ruin my hobby with their rampant materialism?  Yes.
Will I let those feelings grow into hate? No

By being accepting, I find I enjoy my life more.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 07:24:11 AM »
I dont know why some people cant focus on the cars.  My guess is they have nothing else to offer.

Regarding the people that want to fake Shelbys, they are only hurting the values of the cars and should be discouraged. Lets ask the people that were sold the Shawnee, OK cars how they feel
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:12:09 AM by Coralsnake »