Author Topic: We're there.  (Read 7706 times)

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: We're there.
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2020, 08:33:26 PM »
Not offering an excuse (or maybe I am?) but in one of the OP's posts that was pulled down he expressed that both of his parents received terminal cancer diagnoses late last year and he also lost two other family members between then and now. Life (death) is coming at him hard and I'm willing to overlook quite a bit when someone is dealing with that kind of pressure. If you're so inclined, pray for the guy and his family and that he holds it together and returns someday in a better state of mind. ~Kevin
I think you're right on the money.  Death was coming hard at me 5 years ago. 
My newly born niece "Haley" passed after only 4 days of life on this earth.  It was a blood disorder.  She was healthy in her mom's womb but once she was born and on her own, her body could not survive.
Then my dad passed away from cancer.
I was loosing my shit and getting down right PO'd at people and even colleagues.  I was mad as hell!
The passage of time has calmed me down, provided me with acceptance and understanding and I am no longer a raging bull.  I think Keith will be back and we should openly welcome him upon his return.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 12:06:16 AM »
Wow   god speed to all who have had a loss as we all get older especially car guys like golden Colorado guys !

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2020, 10:51:08 AM »
Dont worry

He will be back

We will be able to tell quite easily

He couldnt go three posts without mentioning his former employment, medical history, dislike for California or current employment. It was getting stale.
I'm glad you mentioned this. Because an earlier topic he said he might leave the forum. Now this one. I thought an even earlier topic he posted on he was out of line politically and was to me just being politically on here is out of line. His beliefs came shining through. We all have our beliefs and I try to NOT share them on this forum on a few fronts. Hey, I have been employed by General motors since 1985 so you can see how some JADED posts can make me SMH . Many here in the Shelby community have known me for decades. Some have not met me before. I have always been an Ambassador for the cars and club and will continue to do so(still got some "honk if you are being sued.." bumper stickers). The hobby isn't ruined nor is the club IMHO. Some of his posts on "exploring retirement locations" were pretty insulting due to their inaccuracies and uncalled for. Then he wants to call out others? Just saying.... Gary
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:09:47 AM by shelbymann1970 »
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 11:46:40 AM »
Politics=divisiveness (unfortunately). I don’t think we need the “static”.Maybe stick to the cars?

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2020, 11:52:12 AM »
In the words of the late great Rodney King ;

Can we all just get along?

Happy Valentine's day!

See you at the car show
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2020, 09:29:45 AM »
Politics=divisiveness (unfortunately). I don’t think we need the “static”.Maybe stick to the cars?
+1. I think what many fail to understand is that what is good for one-politically-may not be good for another. We all have different situations in life. Say the guy who wants to frack some land will have a MUCH different perspective than a landowner who derives their water from a well near that fracking site. This is a car site and it is safe to say all that are here like or love Shelbys. We all have that in common. Even then some do not always agree but at least it is about the cars.  Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2020, 06:14:11 PM »
+1. I think what many fail to understand is that what is good for one-politically-may not be good for another. We all have different situations in life. Say the guy who wants to frack some land will have a MUCH different perspective than a landowner who derives their water from a well near that fracking site. This is a car site and it is safe to say all that are here like or love Shelbys. We all have that in common. Even then some do not always agree but at least it is about the cars.  Gary
.  Very good point.One size seldom “fits all”in my experience....

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2020, 09:41:19 AM »
Correct this says it all

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2020, 09:59:51 AM »
Can you spread those letters out a bit like on ‘68s 😁🤣
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2020, 11:09:33 AM »
Ofcourse, the SHELBY genie...has granted your wish !

Can you spread those letters out a bit like on ‘68s 😁🤣

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2020, 10:39:02 AM »
     Cars are the subject and when we veer off topic it usually heads for derailment.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2020, 11:17:03 AM »
In our present climate, politics actually figure into the survival as we know it of these cars.

There are proposals made almost daily that would limit or eliminate their use eventually.

It isn't a bad idea to post those here to notify the unwary or to open discussions about the repercussions.

However calling others with different perspectives bigots, communists, leftists or facists ALL should refrain from. It shouldn't need to be said either that none should in fact act like bigots here. That simply serves no positive purpose what so ever. Check your guns at the door. There is no need for them here.

We are here to make friends and allies. We ALL have MUCH in common.

We have common interests. Those should be accentuated and emphasized in my view. None of us need to be lectured about how we should think or feel. Leave that to another web site.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:25:34 PM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!