Author Topic: 69 Dearborn Undercarriage Finishing - A Guide  (Read 3236 times)

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
69 Dearborn Undercarriage Finishing - A Guide
« on: March 02, 2018, 10:44:53 PM »
A repost from before the crash

Not specifically related to 69-70 Shelby's only but thought I would share this over here.

This is an article I've written and rewritten a dozen times over 20 years. Found it was easier to have a prepared document when I got questions related to the subject rather than going through the whole thing every time. It proved to be a challenge as your always discovering new details, sub patterns and such along the way so it has only been share privately in the past since I never felt it was finished. Not sure anything I do is completely

Also just limiting the coverage to one area of the car was sort of difficult when you want to help and describe everything that was going on at that point at the car plant.  See allot of related requests here so thought it would be a good time to try and wrap it up then focus on some of the other years and plants. Hope some here find it useful in there related endeavors.

https://www.docdroid.net/Zs6RTqh/69-dearborn-under10-2021v14-a-open-pdf

For those that are also members of CMF, the article is also located in the Library with all the other articles, listed by model year

Its a BIG file with plenty of pictures so will take some time to load. Be patient  :)

New versions will be uploaded and the link changed when new versions are published but these updates will be unannounced so always compare the version numbers

Hope it helps others

Thanks for looking
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 12:38:14 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 69 Dearborn Undercarriage Finishing - A Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 06:37:34 AM »

Not specifically related to 69-70 Shelby'ss only but thought I would share this over here.

This is an article I've written and rewritten a dozen times over 20 years. Found it was easier to have a prepared document when I got questions related to the subject rather than going through the whole thing every time. It proved to be a challenge as your always discovering new details, sub patterns and such along the way so it has only been share privately in the past since I never felt it was finished. Not sure anything I do is completely

Also just limiting the coverage to one area of the car was sort of difficult when you want to help and describe everything that was going on at that point at the car plant.  See allot of related requests here so thought it would be a good time to try and wrap it up then focus on some of the other years and plants. Hope some here find it useful in there related endeavors.

https://www.docdroid.net/90LiQlY/69-dearborn-under9-2017v11opensource.pdf#page=9

For those that are also members of CMF the article is also located in the Library there with all the other articles listed by model year

Its a Big file with plenty of pictures so will take some time to load. Be patient  :)

Hope it helps others

Thanks for looking

Jeff,

As always, your research and documentation is amazing, thanks both to your dedication, and clearly the hard work that went into these articles.

Bill S.
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

David Hillman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 07:48:07 AM »

Not specifically related to 69-70 Shelby'ss only but thought I would share this over here.

https://www.docdroid.net/90LiQlY/69-dearborn-under9-2017v11opensource.pdf#page=9

For those that are also members of CMF the article is also located in the Library there with all the other articles listed by model year

Its a Big file with plenty of pictures so will take some time to load. Be patient  :)

Hope it helps others

Thanks for looking

What is CMF ?

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 08:05:30 AM »
Concours Mustang Forum
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 09:05:55 AM »
Awesome link.   Thanks. 

Ldouble619

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 10:47:48 AM »
Thanks, Jeff!  I didn't know about the library on CMF!

Do you have anything that outlines how to proper cut a replacement tail lgiht panel?  I was told long ago that there was a write done in a previous anual, but I never could find it in the archives.  I think I was told #33 or #30.  Refering to 69 fastback

Thanks!

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 02:24:29 PM »
Thanks, Jeff!  I didn't know about the library on CMF!

Do you have anything that outlines how to proper cut a replacement tail lgiht panel?  I was told long ago that there was a write done in a previous anual, but I never could find it in the archives.  I think I was told #33 or #30.  Refering to 69 fastback

No have never measured an original and produced an article or thread though ;) there are a fair number of pictures in my files its not exactly the same. Will have to keep an eye open as I visit shops to try and collect the measurements and details from an original when I get the opportunity

Thanks all for the kind comments. "We" owe it to the community IMHO to share where we can with what we have in most cases.   

Rather offer the details before your car hits the show field or just to help owner/builders do a better job
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Ldouble619

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 08:21:00 AM »
Jeff, I'll send you the measurements I took of my car.  please PM me your email

Leland