News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Dumb Question ?

Started by oldcanuck, February 13, 2020, 03:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

Quote from: 67_1183 on February 14, 2020, 01:59:33 PM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on February 14, 2020, 01:10:34 PM
Is there an easy kit to make them seq.?

Easy?  I don't know.

Kit? Yes.

http://www.thuntek.net/cougars_unlimited/ts1promo.htm

That is just for the directional signals. The 68 shelbys also had sequential brake lights. I don't know about the 69s?

For some reason that seems to be an issue recreating for the aftermarket?  It's one of the really cool things about the 68 rear lights. I've had people get violent and start cursing me out yelling at the top of their lungs 'THAT'S ILLEGAL!" The type of guy I am I just put my sunglasses on and just drive away. For some reason it just pisses people off to no end, so just for that, you gotta' luv it! ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Yes 1969 and 1970s

Quote from: shelbydoug on February 16, 2020, 01:25:45 PM
Quote from: 67_1183 on February 14, 2020, 01:59:33 PM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on February 14, 2020, 01:10:34 PM
Is there an easy kit to make them seq.?

Easy?  I don't know.

Kit? Yes.

http://www.thuntek.net/cougars_unlimited/ts1promo.htm

That is just for the directional signals. The 68 shelbys also had sequential brake lights. I don't know about the 69s?

For some reason that seems to be an issue recreating for the aftermarket?  It's one of the really cool things about the 68 rear lights. I've had people get violent and start cursing me out yelling at the top of their lungs 'THAT'S ILLEGAL!" The type of guy I am I just put my sunglasses on and just drive away. For some reason it just pisses people off to no end, so just for that, you gotta' luv it! ;D
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

mark p

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on February 16, 2020, 01:07:28 PM
A stunning Thunderbird

Thanks Tony.
I've never opened the "bag" in the trunk, but we say that there is a whistle-pig ??? back there making the sequentials work (term adopted from my grandmother) ... it's old and a little temperamental (hmmmm... that might sound familiar)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

67 GT350

You just got to love this from that website:
"Protected against improper installation"

ANYWAY, I found that that site was confusing with many versions. AGAIN, Can it be added to a 67 GT350????
RARE  Signature Delete

TOBKOB

1969 GT350 owned since 1970

67 GT350

Which one would be the one to order?
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67 GT350 on February 16, 2020, 09:49:12 PM
Which one would be the one to order?
Since you asked none for a 67 IMO.  :D Sometimes less is more . ;) . Just because you can do something dosn't mean you should. For a 68 or 69/70 that is a different story.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

mlplunkett

Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 14, 2020, 07:48:51 PM
Quote from: oldcanuck on February 14, 2020, 07:35:16 PM
Quote from: JD on February 14, 2020, 09:03:41 AM
All 3 (each side) are tail, brake and turn. no segmenting.

Ro..ro.....

Mine are on a schedule all their own. They look like they have been wired in Vegas !!!

Is there a stock schematic somewhere......?
The factory SA harness is very basic and can be described as primitive. They are wired in parallel and attach to the Mustang harness in the place where the wires would go to the regular Mustang taillights. There were three distinct styles of wiring for the taillight harness that were used at different times in production . There is a a marginal repro harness on the market for the later production cars otherwise you can DIY a respectable one yourself. PM me for phone info and I would be glad to go over options and instructions in detail so that you can make a informed choice. No secrets just what I would like to share is too much for me to type at one time.  :o

Bob, That would be great info for a lot of us especially if the commercially available harness is less than satisfactory. Any chance you've got a photo that would be "worth a thousand words" so to speak that you could share here along with whatever description we would need to pull off the DIY.
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mlplunkett on February 17, 2020, 12:35:15 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 14, 2020, 07:48:51 PM
Quote from: oldcanuck on February 14, 2020, 07:35:16 PM
Quote from: JD on February 14, 2020, 09:03:41 AM
All 3 (each side) are tail, brake and turn. no segmenting.

Ro..ro.....

Mine are on a schedule all their own. They look like they have been wired in Vegas !!!

Is there a stock schematic somewhere......?
The factory SA harness is very basic and can be described as primitive. They are wired in parallel and attach to the Mustang harness in the place where the wires would go to the regular Mustang taillights. There were three distinct styles of wiring for the taillight harness that were used at different times in production . There is a a marginal repro harness on the market for the later production cars otherwise you can DIY a respectable one yourself. PM me for phone info and I would be glad to go over options and instructions in detail so that you can make a informed choice. No secrets just what I would like to share is too much for me to type at one time.  :o

Bob, That would be great info for a lot of us especially if the commercially available harness is less than satisfactory. Any chance you've got a photo that would be "worth a thousand words" so to speak that you could share here along with whatever description we would need to pull off the DIY.
If it were that easy for me to put together a article and series of picture examples on the subject then I would have added it in my post . ;) I will add that request to my to do list  ::) . Sorry I can't be the easy button this time because there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done I need to. Maybe others don't have that problem but I do.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

this might begin to outline the 3 basic types...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

oldcanuck

Quote from: JD on February 17, 2020, 03:31:31 PM
this might begin to outline the 3 basic types...

Thanks JD ... that is certainly a start for me.

Any knowledge where an original wiring schematic or diagram might be found ?

BG
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

JD

For the Shelby portion of the tail light wiring I've not seen one (there is for the headlight modifications), others may have/know more...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JD on February 20, 2020, 10:19:20 AM
For the Shelby portion of the tail light wiring I've not seen one (there is for the headlight modifications), others may have/know more...
I havn't seen one before ether. PM me for phone info and I would be glad to go over in detail because it is too much for me to type.