News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Mustang Monthlys

Started by Coralsnake, February 15, 2020, 01:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

What am I to do with nearly the complete 1990-2012 collection?

Does anyone want these? How about the Mustang Museum?

Anyone interested in them for the cost of shipping?

67 GT350

WOW, not cutting anyone down, I have a bunch of them also, Someone will scarf them up from you...

I just have to laugh a little, how many times is, "How to install new carpet in your FOX body Mustang" in all those Mustang Monthly's....?
And, please remember, I am just making light of this, but maybe there is a story, "How to pick out your correct spark plug, get the right one for your trailer" next month, "How to install a 66 Shelby hood on a 65-66 Mustang"...

I think many have got board with MM and it became their demise...I personally loved getting the older ones! Remember the newspaper versions? I do get a little reminiscent when I look at prices back in the late 80's....That was a great hobby back then!

If I upset anyone, let me know and I will delete my comment.
RARE  Signature Delete

I have a bunch too.I repurpose them.Great for masking surfboard repairs....Maybe soak up oil leaks???The applications are limitless!!!LOL ;D

JohnB

Quote from: Coralsnake on February 15, 2020, 01:50:43 PM
What am I to do with nearly the complete 1990-2012 collection?

Does anyone want these? How about the Mustang Museum?

Anyone interested in them for the cost of shipping?

Want, but shipping would most likely bee  :o :o :o !

Doesn't the US Postal service have a drastically reduced rate for shipping printed materials?

I think it was intended for books, but any printed material qualifies.

I had a college friend who moved cross country via the USPS. As long as 51% of the box content was printed material, it would get the reduced rate.

That was a few years ago though.

Krelboyne

I believe that it is called the "Media Rate".
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

67 GT350

I will go media rate....13760
RARE  Signature Delete

CharlesTurner

I got rid of mine about 7 years ago, put a craigslist ad and a local guy came and got all of them.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

SHELB66

Keep in mind that "Media Rate" mail cannot contain advertising so magazines such as this are a no-no.  It's great for shop manuals and the like but not magazines.
That's not to say that you can't do it but the PO randomly opens these boxes to make sure that they conform to postal rules and regulations.
A better route might be FedEx home delivery or USPS Priority flat rate shipping.  I know as I do lots of shipping.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

Rickmustang

Ditched mine years ago too. Kept some of the detailing guides but that's it
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

Quote from: SHELB66 on February 15, 2020, 10:04:33 PM
Keep in mind that "Media Rate" mail cannot contain advertising so magazines such as this are a no-no.  It's great for shop manuals and the like but not magazines.
That's not to say that you can't do it but the PO randomly opens these boxes to make sure that they conform to postal rules and regulations.

Craig R.

Would that include 20-30 year old, no longer valid advertising?

Bigfoot

Pete
I recall grabbing a stack from you at SAAC something 6 years ago (Road America). If we were closer I'd unburden you to the tune of few piles.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Cobrask8

I also have shelves of these and other magazines. Eastern PA if anybody wants

SHELB66

Quote from: 2112 on February 16, 2020, 10:55:21 AM
Quote from: SHELB66 on February 15, 2020, 10:04:33 PM

Craig R.

Would that include 20-30 year old, no longer valid advertising?

One would think not but ANY advertising, no matter how old, is not allowed.  Many still ship magazines using Media but there's always the chance of your shipment being the one that gets checked.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

Bigfoot

Quote from: Cobrask8 on February 16, 2020, 11:03:29 AM
I also have shelves of these and other magazines. Eastern PA if anybody wants

We are still reading the National Geographic Mags.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI