News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ford Experimental -Concept Vehicles

Started by FL SAAC, February 17, 2020, 08:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Quote from: Side-Oilers on January 02, 2021, 10:59:11 AM
^^^^ That's cool it's still around.  Didn't know it had been in the Joe Bortz collection.

I was wondering if is/was drivable, or just a roller as many show cars were, then the article in your link answered that question.  Thanks.

Beautiful ride
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Cyclone

^^^^ That's cool it's still around.  Didn't know it had been in the Joe Bortz collection.

I was wondering if is/was drivable, or just a roller as many show cars were, then the article in your link answered that question.  Thanks.

When I saw the car it was not in the Bortz collection, Joe might have owned it before I saw it. I am not sure it was in drivable condition, it was in a warehouse with quite a few other interesting vehicles.
Jim

FL SAAC

Classic design

Quote from: Cyclone on January 02, 2021, 01:22:49 PM

When I saw the car it was not in the Bortz collection, Joe might have owned it before I saw it. I am not sure it was in drivable condition, it was in a warehouse with quite a few other interesting vehicles.
Jim

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

The Ford GT90 is a high performance concept car that was developed and manufactured by American car maker Ford. It was unveiled in January 1995 at the Detroit Auto Show. The car is currently on display at Hajek Motorsports Museum

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: 68stangcjfb on February 18, 2020, 05:57:23 PM
In this photo, the Shorty Mustang is on the left in the background.

Beautiful

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

The new, improved,  desirable and beautiful Magic Cruiser

The 1966 Magic Cruiser could be transformed from a fastback to a station wagon and back via hydraulic and electric controls. One of the specifications given to George Barris who was hired by Ford to build the car was that the movable roof section rise within seven seconds. A series of aircraft hydraulic systems, screw jacks, and a switch on the dash made that possible. Lowering the tailgate allowed for easy entry to a rear-facing third seat, and like on Ford's production station wagons, the second and third seats could be folded down for addition cargo storage.

In front, the two-door hardtop LTD-based Magic Cruiser had one-piece tempered glass headlights, shaved door handles, and a set of Western wire mag wheels. It was painted a custom-mixed "Gold Sunset" and the interior was two-toned with pleated vinyl and lamb's wool carpeting. Under the hood was the new 428.

This show car was probably re-skinned to become the Magic Cruiser II the following year.

One of the ways FoMoCo promoted its new 1967 full-sized cars was with a couple of show cars christened Magic Cruiser II and XL Interceptor. The Magic Cruiser II built by George Barris was, as Ford described it, a "super fastback" that could be turned into a station wagon when the fastback section of the roof and two special window-side panels were electrically raised. It was possibly built from the original Magic Cruiser shown during 1966.

I have all UNGOLD cars

honker

Not a concept or experimental vehicle, this was at the '64 N.Y. World fair, part of the Ford Magic Skyway, Auto Parts Harmonic

Orchestra,  made up of Ford parts. Pretty neat !

FL SAAC

Quote from: honker on March 10, 2021, 09:10:47 PM
Not a concept or experimental vehicle, this was at the '64 N.Y. World fair, part of the Ford Magic Skyway, Auto Parts Harmonic

Orchestra,  made up of Ford parts. Pretty neat !

Very kool, thank you

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Ford Division's 1966 Ranger II is an ultra-modern pickup truck with a custom designed passenger compartment. Seen as a two-seater vehicle in the above photo, the Ranger II converts into a four-passenger pickup (below) at the flick of a finger. The rear portion of the cab moves 18-inches into the bed of the truck while a roof section moves up into position and two additional bucket seats fall into place. The Ranger II's ultra-streamlined windshield is made of specially tempered plastic-type glass. It also features high intensity headlights of rectangular design, extruded aluminum grille and walnut flooring in the cargo bed.

I have all UNGOLD cars

mark iv

Quote from: FL SAAC on February 20, 2020, 06:27:11 PM
Ford Maverick Estate (1970)

Ford exhibited the Maverick Estate Coupe concept vehicle at the 1971 Chicago Auto Show.
I have driven that concept car! Was shipped into Buffalo for the auto show, the FoMoCo driver left the the truck in in the lot an flew home. Forgot to leave keys for the truck. Several calls to Ford transport got the key code for the C600 but the lock on the body was an issue. The Sears at the mall where the show was held provided a cutter that removed the lock. Dropped the ramps and did many laps of the mall lot with the tail end hung out.

mark iv

Quote from: FL SAAC on April 29, 2020, 08:10:03 AM
Ford Prima the versatile transformer

Prima's concept was for interchanging roof sections that would transform the shape and functionality of the vehicle. Its character could change into a pickup, station wagon, fastback coupe or two-door notchback. It was shown with a red exterior and beige interior.
Have driven the Prima as well.

FL SAAC

Quote from: mark iv on March 16, 2021, 08:04:13 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on April 29, 2020, 08:10:03 AM
Ford Prima the versatile transformer

Prima's concept was for interchanging roof sections that would transform the shape and functionality of the vehicle. Its character could change into a pickup, station wagon, fastback coupe or two-door notchback. It was shown with a red exterior and beige interior.
Have driven the Prima as well.

+1

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Very fortunate

Quote from: mark iv on March 16, 2021, 07:56:28 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on February 20, 2020, 06:27:11 PM
Ford Maverick Estate (1970)

Ford exhibited the Maverick Estate Coupe concept vehicle at the 1971 Chicago Auto Show.
I have driven that concept car! Was shipped into Buffalo for the auto show, the FoMoCo driver left the the truck in in the lot an flew home. Forgot to leave keys for the truck. Several calls to Ford transport got the key code for the C600 but the lock on the body was an issue. The Sears at the mall where the show was held provided a cutter that removed the lock. Dropped the ramps and did many laps of the mall lot with the tail end hung out.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

1967 Ford Allegro  II Concept

Ford stressed that its dream cars, particularly the Allegro, were essentially existing production unibody platforms upon which new design features could be tested. "This "idea car" incorporates many new design features tailored to existing engine, drive line and frame components," Ford intoned as it described the purpose behind the Allegro. Later, Ford restyled – some would say ruined – the Allegro by turning it into a roadster.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Side-Oilers

The front end of the Allegro (from this angle) looks kind of like a 1970-71 Camaro RS with a Firebird grille.

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model