Author Topic: Ford Experimental -Concept Vehicles  (Read 49661 times)

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ford Experimental -Concept Vehicles
« Reply #255 on: April 09, 2021, 06:25:46 PM »
The front end of the Allegro (from this angle) looks kind of like a 1970-71 Camaro RS with a Firebird grille.

The front looks more like a Chevy Vega to me.

Steve

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2021, 07:05:24 PM »
The front end of the Allegro (from this angle) looks kind of like a 1970-71 Camaro RS with a Firebird grille.

The front looks more like a Chevy Vega to me.

Steve

both great automotive examples.....
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 09:15:12 PM by FL SAAC »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2021, 07:07:04 PM »
The lovely 1981-82 Ford AFV

Ford AFV: This aerodynamically optimized two-seater can be driven with various fuels. At the Geneva Motor Show, it is available in a natural gas version that can be filled up at home. A small compressor compresses the gas and fills it in the 122 liter pressure container behind the seats. That is enough for about 340 kilometres. Simply stunning

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 30, 2021, 01:54:19 PM »
Early glimpse of the Taurus nose.
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 11, 2021, 06:12:27 PM »
Early glimpse of the Taurus nose.

Indeed it does

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 11, 2021, 06:13:43 PM »
Ford Muroc concept model

The 1950 Muroc. In addition to the exotic fender styling, one of the most unique features is the speedometer located across the base of the windshield.

However the grill of this Muroc, could have easily inspired the design of electric shavers.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 11, 2021, 11:16:22 PM »
Ford Muroc concept model

The 1950 Muroc. In addition to the exotic fender styling, one of the most unique features is the speedometer located across the base of the windshield.

However the grill of this Muroc, could have easily inspired the design of electric shavers.

The shape looks like something a 12-year-old in the 1960s would have built from the AMT model kit that "Let's you customize your car three ways!"

Good idea to sell car models, but it looks like that kid at Ford Advanced Design used every part in the box, all at the same time.
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2021, 01:05:09 PM »
Ford Muroc concept model

The shape looks like something a 12-year-old in the 1960s would have built from the AMT model kit that "Let's you customize your car three ways!"

Good idea to sell car models, but it looks like that kid at Ford Advanced Design used every part in the box, all at the same time.

You are correct LMAO  !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 28, 2021, 07:48:57 AM »
Ford Division's Ranger III, is an ultra-modern pickup truck with a custom-designed passenger compartment. The vehicle converts in seconds from a conventional two-passenger pickup (top) to a four-passenger pickup/sedan combination (bottom). Other Ranger III "better ideas" include a power-operated hood that can be opened from inside the vehicle and hydraulic aircraft-type canopy doors that operate at the turn of a key.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 04, 2021, 12:29:50 PM »
 Debuting at the 1962 Chicago show, the Ford Cougar 406 featured top-hinged, electrically operated gull-wing doors, and came equipped with the new 406 cubic inch V-8. The engine developed 405 horsepower and 448 pound feet of torque. Swing-up headlights were concealed in tips of the fenders. This was the second Ford concept car to wear the Cougar nameplate. The original was a 3/8-scale model from 1956. Mercury first applied the Cougar moniker on a 1967 two-door hardtop pony car, based on the Mustang.

"Cougar" was an experimental Ford built on a T-Bird chassis, with fuel injection. This car was designed in Gil Spear’s studio in 1954, largely by Samsen, whose original concept sketches are shown below.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 22, 2021, 11:43:30 AM »
1958 Ford De Paolo
I
Though Tremulis didn’t design the 1956 DePaolo 3/8-scale model, another of Tremulis’s designs (the DePalma), inspired Buzz Grisinger to submit the DePaolo design for Ford’s Stylerama program. Named for Peter DePaolo, Indy 500 winner and, later, Ford racing coordinator, the design – which looks to borrow much from contemporary Bonneville streamliners and “represent an inversion of the form most typical of American automotive styling,” according to the Farrells – eventually became the catalyst for Robert McNamara’s interchangeability program, which aimed to reduce costs by creating common body panels across the Ford, Mercury and Edsel model lines.

The Farrells credit Tremulis with a number of other concept cars as well, including the aforementioned DePalma and X-1000, the 1954 Mexico, the 1954 Taj Mahal, the 1955 Madam X, the 1956 999 dragster, the late 1950s Wind Brake Car, the 1956 Scorpion and the 1961 Astrion. He would found his own consulting and design firm after leaving Ford.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2021, 02:21:36 PM »
1963 Ford Allegro Fastback Coupe Concept

The Allegro — the first of the second-generation X-Cars, fashioned in late 1962 — was based upon the earlier DeLaRossa Avventura design and built on a Falcon unibody.

Originally painted a delicate metallic gold, it established design elements that would heavily influence Ford styling throughout the Sixties: An isolated, centrally-mounted grille with satellite headlights, a long frontal aspect, and a short-coupled fastback roof line. The Allegro’s rear fender treatment mimicked the 1961-1963 Thunderbird design and anticipated the styling of the production British Ford Cortina later in the decade. Moreover, the Allegro"s fastback styling established the basic configuration for the later production Mustang fastback, and clearly traced its rear quarter panel treatment to a 1957 Ford Styling Studio exercise during the original Falcon’s development effort. Prominently featured in Styling, a beautiful book on automotive design published by Ford in 1963, the Allegro was described as a "...practical dream car, developed jointly by stylists and engineers." In Styling, Ford went on to further describe the Allegro as:

"Symbolizing sleekness, motion and, as its name indicates, brisk and lively performance, the Allegro is distinguished by a long hood, compact passenger compartment and a "fastback" roof line with grille waste gates in the fender area."

The Allegro presented a Cobra-esque front end design, and presaged the later production Mustang fastback roof. The small, vestigal fin picked up elements of the ‘61-‘63 Thunderbirds, also.

Though the proportions on the front clip were exaggerated, the fastback roof had clear influence on the first-generation, 1965 Mustang fastback. There were two Allegros built: a red-painted fiberglas mule that appeared in a 1964 Mustang promotional film, and this fully-functional car.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2021, 11:30:29 AM »
El Gato

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2021, 11:33:05 AM »
Sporting a bold lime green paint job, El Gato (Spanish for “The Cat”) was produced as a styling exercise for a futuristic-looking Cougar. Note the shaved door handles, chopped roof, and ultracool three-spoke 16″ wheels with new-at-the-time Goodyear Polyglass radials. To say this Cat was before its time would be a serious understatement.
While the front end merged styling from both the Cougar and the GTO, it still projected an evil stance. Note how the limited flat black striping ends inside the molded-on hood scoop. Also, the front and rear pans were rolled a very advanced looking feature in an era of chrome bumpers. This was the first ever fastback Cougar.
At the rear, LTD-style taillamps were broken at the left by the racing-style gas filler cap. The square center-exit exhaust tips lended a very unique air to the car. It is not known if El Gato still exists but it’s presumed to have been destroyed (standard Ford practice for show vehicles at the time).

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2021, 11:38:53 AM »
Sporting a bold lime green paint job, El Gato (Spanish for “The Cat”) was produced as a styling exercise for a futuristic-looking Cougar. Note the shaved door handles, chopped roof, and ultracool three-spoke 16″ wheels with new-at-the-time Goodyear Polyglass radials. To say this Cat was before its time would be a serious understatement.
While the front end merged styling from both the Cougar and the GTO, it still projected an evil stance. Note how the limited flat black striping ends inside the molded-on hood scoop. Also, the front and rear pans were rolled a very advanced looking feature in an era of chrome bumpers. This was the first ever fastback Cougar.
At the rear, LTD-style taillamps were broken at the left by the racing-style gas filler cap. The square center-exit exhaust tips lended a very unique air to the car. It is not known if El Gato still exists but it’s presumed to have been destroyed (standard Ford practice for show vehicles at the time).

That is jaw dropping beautiful! I bet they did not make that because of one word. "Mustang"
RARE  Signature Delete