Author Topic: Ford Experimental -Concept Vehicles  (Read 49669 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ford Experimental -Concept Vehicles
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2020, 08:03:19 AM »
1978 Ford G. A.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2020, 08:49:24 AM »
Ford’s Motor Company’s world-famous Ghia Studio of Turin, Italy designed the Mercury XM concept car. The one-of-a-kind prototype’s unique feature was a rumble seat mounted beneath the rear decklid. By raising the rear hatch window and flipping back the decklid, the car became a four-passenger vehicle. It had a wheelbase of 94 inches, an overall length of 13 feet, four inches, and a height of four feet.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2020, 09:24:28 AM »
Ford gtk

GTK Concept was built on an extended Fiesta platform. It featured a number of advanced elements, including electric side windows, an on-board computer and digital instrumentation.

Its design included a central greenhouse effect for the passenger area, which even incorporated glass side pillars. Other GTK features included headlights behind electrically controlled panels. Aero ducts behind these panels channelled air over the bonnet and roof.

Though the wedge-shaped Ford Fiesta GTK station wagon prototype had a small 94-inch wheelbase, it still provided a spacious interior. Experimental tubular instrument panel and circular center console housed an on-board computer and digital displays. The Fiesta GTK five-spoke wheels predicted those used on production 1972-74 Mustangs

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2020, 09:25:18 AM »
GTK

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2020, 09:15:17 AM »
The lovely 1978 Navarre is based on the U.S. Granada and is the five-seat sport coupe fitted with a 5.0-liter V8. It featured flat rear deck with tie-dawn straps which could carry extra luggage.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2020, 09:08:26 AM »
A stunning beauty

EXPERIMENTAL MUSTANG III

Ford Ghia Operations in Turin are showing this experimental new sports car at the Geneva Show. It uses the running gear of the Ford Fiesta, which will be announced later this year, and is designed to carry four adults in a car 70 cms (28 in.) shorter than the production Mustang II.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2020, 07:30:46 PM »
Probe I was created at the Ford Dearborn Design Center where Kopka was the executive director of the Advanced and International Design Studio. Its sleek and pointy aerodynamic shape, flat wheel covers, popup headlights and skirted rear wheels achieved a drag coefficient in the wind tunnel of 0.25, some 37% less than the 0.40 then typical for a 2door 4-passenger coupe. It was introduced at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 1979. Probe I was extensively displayed at shows and events following its introduction and received widespread media attention, helping to spread the impression that Ford was on to something.

Built on a Mustang chassis of the period, or perhaps a Pinto, there wasn’t much difference, the Probe I package envisioned a collection of the advanced technological functions with which show concepts seem to be endowed. Little of it works, but it would be easy to cut a slot in the console and then say it "can be started by a universal credit card which also can be used to buy gas and pay tolls." Probe I once had the 2.3 liter Mustang/Pinto 4-cylinder engine and automatic transmission but they have long since been removed. Ford claimed the Probe could achieve a fuel economy of 39 miles per gallon.

Finished in red with black lower body sides that accentuate the deep rear wheel skirts, Probe I has a body constructed of metal with a fixed tinted glass roof panel. The windows also are tinted glass. The wheels have machined disc-type wheel covers to reduce turbulence. The interior is upholstered in red cloth with tan leather trim. Its gauges appear to be functional.

Probe I’s age is showing, and not well. The exterior is in no better than fair condition, with a material number of scratches, edge chips and a small dent in the driver’s door. The interior appears to be in decent shape.

The Probe 1 Concept is a seminal step Automotive Design. It represents the rebirth of the American Dream Car, a milestone in function through form and represents a new direction in Automotive Design that changed an entire Industry.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2020, 07:32:42 PM »
The beautiful 1979 Ford Probe I

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2020, 08:13:39 AM »
1978 Ghia Action

Probably the most striking GHIA show car of all was the 1978 Action, the most severe wedge shape ever seen. Designed by Filippo Sapino, it had a rear-mounted DFV Formula I V-eight engine and completely enclosed rear wheels.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2020, 09:03:03 AM »
Continuing our series;

Ford Fiesta GTK (Grand Touring Kombi) - Station Wagon Prototype
Highly futuristic, the GTK concept stood for Grand Touring Kombi. It was intended as a sporty, aerodynamic grand touring car with ample luggage space.

GTK Concept was built on an extended Fiesta platform. It featured a number of advanced elements, including electric side windows, an on-board computer and digital instrumentation.

Its design included a central greenhouse effect for the passenger area, which even incorporated glass side pillars. Other GTK features included headlights behind electrically controlled panels. Aero ducts behind these panels channelled air over the bonnet and roof.

Though the wedge-shaped Ford Fiesta GTK station wagon prototype had a small 94-inch wheelbase, it still provided a spacious interior. Experimental tubular instrument panel and circular center console housed an on-board computer and digital displays. The Fiesta GTK five-spoke wheels predicted those used on production 1972-74 Mustangs.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 09, 2020, 09:04:58 AM »
Simply exquisite

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2020, 09:18:29 AM »
Spaceliner

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2020, 08:00:10 AM »
Back by popular demand......The series continued

The 1954 Ford FX Atmos, was steered with hand grips, had a radar screen, and driver sat in the center.

Dream Car of the Future. This is the Ford FX-Atmos, a future experimental car that will never be built for sale. Built by the Ford Motor Company as an example of possible styling concepts of the future, the car will be shown to the public at the Chicago Auto Show opening Saturday (March 13, 1954). The two-seater sports mode;, built of white, blue and red plastic, has stabilizer fins on rear bumper and needle-like antennae rods projecting from the front for a radar road-scanner which might be installed on the dashboard

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2020, 08:51:07 AM »
1962 Mustang concept

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy