News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1966 drip rails

Started by Cjc6566, February 19, 2020, 06:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cjc6566

Happy Sunny Wednesday from Portland, Oregon... a rare day this winter!

For some odd reason the drip rails on 6s1604 have been screwed in place at several locations- assume that is not typical since two of the screws slightly protrude thru the topside on one of the rails.  That leads me to my request- looking for set of drip rails that are NOS or rebuild to that standard.

Thanks Cory James-
owner of 1604 Hertz / Portland Oregon

Coralsnake

I believe I have one NOS drip rail for a fastback $200 I think its right hand , but need to check

Coralsnake68@hotmail.com
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

mustmore

Have seen many 65-66 Fastbacks that had rivets (2) holding the drip rail molding in place.
Not sure if it was done in San Jose or as a dealer repair for poor fitting moldings.  Shelby's
got them as well...but not all.  Depending on the amount of sealer on the top side, sometimes
the rivets did not show, but cars with thin sealer usually showed through as a small pop up.
No screws were used.

Cjc6566

Interesting fact that at some-point it was common to use rivets.  It just looks like a poor effort at repair vs anything professional.  I am away from the car but will post pictures... now second guessing that they might be rivets.

Thanks for the replies

owner of 1604 Hertz / Portland Oregon

Bob Gaines

If you haven't found any replacements I have a pair of the 65/66 stainless moldings if still needed . PM if interested.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby