Author Topic: Nitemist 67 on local Craigslist  (Read 8209 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Re: Nitemist 67 on local Craigslist
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2018, 02:19:52 PM »
Wow,  I just tried to get the Shelby number out of curiosity.  What a clown.  I feel sorry for anyone who is seriously considering buying the car and having to deal With him.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 03:02:45 PM »
Brian,

Do you think he is hiding something, like a clouded history? If he has owned the car for 35+ years, He has to know that a VIN # doesn't have to be a guarded secret like Richstang mentioned.

Wedgeman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 05:09:11 PM »
With myself & 2112 accounting for 2 of the 361 Nightmist Blue 67 Shelbys...that narrows the search down by 2....HAPPY HUNTING ... ;D

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 05:23:17 PM »
I don't understand why people have to be such jerks, especially when selling a car like this.  Bob G has the right idea - I think the guy is on a massive power trip.  I've met some people who's self worth is completely wrapped up in their cars.  They can't seem to separate themselves and their value from that of the car.  Hey, it's great if you own a unique and expensive car...and, I bet you put your pants on the same way I do.  Geez.

We should make a bet and see who can get the Shelby # first.  I'll take the first bet!  ;D
Nothing beats a classic!

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 06:27:25 PM »
Well, it won't be me.  When I asked him about having it inspected, he told me he didn't want no Shelby judge crawling around his car. :o
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 06:37:23 PM »
Did you tell him he has poor grammar?

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 06:38:13 PM »
In all seriousness, the aggressively low price might be hiding a bunch of stories.

Edited; for clarity of statement
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:08:49 PM by 2112 »

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 08:13:05 PM »
could this be .....jimmy...

In all seriousness, the aggressive price might be hiding a bunch of stories.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2018, 08:54:48 PM »
Wrong shoulder belts....

Yes they are BUT more then a few 67's were missing the passenger side belt because it was a hassle in everyday use because it blocked access to the rear seat. So some got removed and as a result, misplaced.

I have seen a few 67s changed to the 68 belts. Not that they are particularly practical but they are better then the 67s.

Incidentally, the way the Federal law on belts and restraining devices is now written, you are REQUIRED to use those shoulder belts, so if you get pulled over, make sure that you can slip into them before the officer gets to you, unless you want to pay the $75 ticket it will cost you.  ;)

Shelbydoug, do you have a resource for that statement? The reason that I ask is because I teach driver safety and my understanding is that laws requiring the use of seat belts are unique to each state. The Federal government regulates what manufacturers have to install in new vehicles. The only thing I can find on this is an NHTSA document that was last updated in 2015; https://one.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/nti/pdf/812129-SummaryVehicleOccupantProtection-MotorcycleLaws.pdf

1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2018, 09:41:21 PM »
Hum? Not specifically with a US number. I might be able to ask a local cop if he knows but that is 50/50.

In NYS you are required to "wear a seatbelt". That generally means the combination shoulder harness/seat belt.

The Shelbys are the only car I can think of with an additional shoulder harness in addition to a seatbelt.

If I can get that info, I'll pm you here on this forum. What I expect the cop to say is that yes they agree and that there is just this extra box that you check on the summons that indicates the infraction is "not wearing the restraining device, i.e., harness".

That's because it is a casual inquiry. What I could do is take a picture of the shoulder harness in my car and walk into the local precinct and ask the desk sergeant? We'll see how this goes.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Blackcar

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2018, 04:09:55 PM »
Hum? Not specifically with a US number. I might be able to ask a local cop if he knows but that is 50/50.

In NYS you are required to "wear a seatbelt". That generally means the combination shoulder harness/seat belt.

The Shelbys are the only car I can think of with an additional shoulder harness in addition to a seatbelt.

If I can get that info, I'll pm you here on this forum. What I expect the cop to say is that yes they agree and that there is just this extra box that you check on the summons that indicates the infraction is "not wearing the restraining device, i.e., harness".

That's because it is a casual inquiry. What I could do is take a picture of the shoulder harness in my car and walk into the local precinct and ask the desk sergeant? We'll see how this goes.
Deluxe seat belts got you a set of shoulder belts in a non Shelby mustang at least in 68 it did.

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2018, 09:29:25 PM »
Wow,  I just tried to get the Shelby number out of curiosity.  What a clown.  I feel sorry for anyone who is seriously considering buying the car and having to deal With him.
I agree 100%.  Clown indeed.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2018, 01:42:56 AM »
An interesting way to try and sell Anything....

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 11:26:20 AM »
I don't understand why people have to be such jerks, especially when selling a car like this.  Bob G has the right idea - I think the guy is on a massive power trip.  I've met some people who's self worth is completely wrapped up in their cars.  They can't seem to separate themselves and their value from that of the car.  Hey, it's great if you own a unique and expensive car...and, I bet you put your pants on the same way I do.  Geez.

We should make a bet and see who can get the Shelby # first.  I'll take the first bet!  ;D

I think you lost. It doesn't sound like he will give up the ID number.
Anyone in Phoenix feel like taking a drive?  :P
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 11:31:05 AM »
rich,

Who is to say he will even show the car. Perhaps only a purchase will get you in the door. Obviously not interested in selling based on comments from posters.