News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Bullitt type Ford wire connectors

Started by shelby001, February 22, 2020, 01:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelby001

Anyone know of a supplier that sells bullet type wire connectors that fit the Ford connectors (male & female )??

Bob Gaines

Could you be more specific on what you are wanting to do with them because I am unsure which ones you are looking for?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

pmustang

I bought perfect bullet ones a few years back and use them all the time. The name of the supplier was Del City

shelby001

Quote from: pmustang on February 23, 2020, 04:01:26 AM
I bought perfect bullet ones a few years back and use them all the time. The name of the supplier was Del City
Its for a 66 Rally- Pac wires,  they were cut off so need mostly male ends & one female . I found some at local parts source but they are larger on the pin side & do not mate with under dash plug in`s

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelby001 on February 23, 2020, 12:51:59 PM
Quote from: pmustang on February 23, 2020, 04:01:26 AM
Its for a 66 Rally- Pac wires,  they were cut off so need mostly male ends & one female . I found some at local parts source but they are larger on the pin side & do not mate with under dash plug in`s
IMO it would be best from a looks stand point to source the connectors from a donor Ford under dash harness. It doesn't even have to be a Mustang harness. I would try to stay within 66-68 time frame however.  The typical after market bullet connectors will not typically look close like ones from a Ford harness will. If authenticity doesn't matter then the aftermarket will be the easiest choice.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Im pretty sure there is a rally pack wiring harness premade with the correct connectors aroung $25

Don Johnston

I believe I got my replacement harness with correct connectors and wires from Virginia  Classic Mustang.  They may have the correct bullet connectors for the Rally Pac unit.

shelby001

Quote from: Coralsnake on February 23, 2020, 01:16:13 PM
Im pretty sure there is a rally pack wiring harness premade with the correct connectors aroung $25
Ya I think that is a Scott Drake item for the new Rally - Pac which are wired different than the OEM . I will check it out . I like bobs idea of sourcing an old wiring harness.

Thanks for everyone`s help .

Coralsnake

Sorry, I am not speaking of the Drake item. I do not recommend Drake products for a Shelby.

I can get you a new direct replacement harness

shelby001

A new replacement harness for the Rally-Pac?

Coralsnake

Yes, made by Alloy Metal Products in the USA

The Going Thing

If you don't want to pull it off and a part I do have one male and female crimp that will work together or with ford connectors. I'd be glad to send it to you at no charge.

Coralsnake

This is a test: "California"

Welcome back  :D