Author Topic: Driver Door mirror refurbishment source and side stripes source?  (Read 2131 times)

lawrence67

• Paul Lawrence
    • View Profile
1. Is there someone redoing mirror pot metal re-chroming and replacement of mirrored glass with correct date coding?

2. Is Branda still the go-to for side stripes? ie. color white and stripe accuracy.

??? Paul

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Driver Door mirror refurbishment source and side stripes source?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 06:49:42 PM »
1. Is there someone redoing mirror pot metal re-chroming and replacement of mirrored glass with correct date coding?

2. Is Branda still the go-to for side stripes? ie. color white and stripe accuracy.

??? Paul
The re chroming process will typically not give you original looking results. The edges are typically soft and not as sharp as original. Ether buy a NOS one and replace the dated glass or use a nice repro and replace the dated glass. you will see similar results. The 67 Shelby stripes Branda sells are concours  correct.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

papa scoops

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 07:28:44 PM »
where does one find the dated glass? I've looked @ my mirror and still can't find the date code, even after I saw one on another car. (I sill need a lens, my has discoloration. phred

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 09:06:27 PM »
where does one find the dated glass? I've looked @ my mirror and still can't find the date code, even after I saw one on another car. (I sill need a lens, my has discoloration. phred
The best way is to get it from a salvaged mirror IMO . I and not aware of anyone who dates the mirror glass like the mfg. If anyone finds out let us know.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

lawrence67

• Paul Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 10:05:11 PM »
Thanks for replies. Will order stripes.  The mirror is a tough one, is there a dyi procedure for glass removal and installing into nos or repo housing without breakage.  The last nos on ebay I saw awhile back was very $ for a nice driver.  Guess will just have to step up or use original.

Paul