Author Topic: Ford litigates premature sale of the GT  (Read 7859 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ford litigates premature sale of the GT
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 02:47:05 PM »
Ford Motor Co. is suing participants in an alleged civil conspiracy to improperly acquire a custom-built 2018 Ford GT supercar in Canada, resell it for a profit and swiftly resell it again for yet another profit, all within a matter of weeks. 

Ummmmm....you mean I can't sell my car, the car I just bought for $500k.....lol ! 

C8 @ $59k with no strings attached
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 05:21:32 PM »
Ford Motor Co. is suing participants in an alleged civil conspiracy to improperly acquire a custom-built 2018 Ford GT supercar in Canada, resell it for a profit and swiftly resell it again for yet another profit, all within a matter of weeks.

Ummmmm....you mean I can't sell my car, the car I just bought for $500k.....lol !

Because the C8 will not be appreciating after purchase.

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 05:33:34 PM »
Looks like another John Cena breach o purchase contract case.  Maybe some legal minds here can chime in on their view of the Ford contract issue.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 05:55:09 PM »
Not looking for appreciation,  looking for fun and enjoyment!

Buy, use and dispose properly

Ford Motor Co. is suing participants in an alleged civil conspiracy to improperly acquire a custom-built 2018 Ford GT supercar in Canada, resell it for a profit and swiftly resell it again for yet another profit, all within a matter of weeks.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 06:06:34 PM »

SO TRUE!!!!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 06:58:22 PM »
Y'all dont read the threads...reply numero 44

"Not looking for appreciation,  looking for fun and enjoyment!

Buy, use and dispose properly
"

SO TRUE!!!!

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 08:09:01 PM »

Give it a rest will ya.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 08:38:04 PM »
Your request has been respectfully acknowledged.

I am bowing out, Arigatōgozaimashita

Give it a rest will ya.

QSS

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 09:07:15 PM »
Domo arigato.

Meanwhile we await the verdict and outcome of the lawsuit.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 10:50:05 PM »
I believe the contract should be enforced. To do otherwise is to interfere with the freedom to contract between parties. The court may look to the severity of the contractual restrictions when deciding. Two years is nothing in my mind.
 If there was found to be overreaching by Ford, the terms might not be enforced. That is unlikely though because both sides were sophisticated participants. These days the one that breaches gets rewarded in court usually. That having been said if it were me I would not disrespect the Ford family by selling the car less than the time limit placed in the contract.  I would likely create an automotive shrine around the car with special days allotted to burnt hydrocarbon offerings to the GT and to appease the automotive Gods and Goddesses.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 08:19:31 AM »
Is Ford seeking damages? That would be kind of a stretch to show they were hurt by this sale isn't it?

As a result, how can this go to anything but a slap on the wrist to the defendant?

I'd seek damages from Ford for the legal costs to defend myself and claim this is frivolent and should have been thrown out?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:50:32 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 08:58:41 AM »
Is Ford seeking damages? That would be kind of a stretch to show they were hurt by this sale isn't it?

As a result, how can this go to anything but a slap on the wrist to the defendant?

I'd seek damages from Ford for the legal costs to defend myself and claim this is frivolent and should have been thrown out?
To avoid your arguments which I believe to be meritorious defenses to the contract, I would structure the contract to provide a specified monetary damage for breach and that would facilitate my proofs come the time of trial (or default if they fail to defend).

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 09:47:52 AM »

To avoid your arguments which I believe to be meritorious defenses to the contract, I would structure the contract to provide a specified monetary damage for breach and that would facilitate my proofs come the time of trial (or default if they fail to defend).

Do you know as a fact that is what Ford did in the Contract?

Even so, I'd argue that was needless coercion since Ford can't possibly be injured by the reselling the car AT ANY POINT since it appreciates the overall value of all of the cars which aids to their (Ford's) reputation, not hurt it, etc.

I'd argue that was my understanding of the reasoning for Ford's clause in the contract and that is how I understood it and why I agreed to it in the first place.

How can a Protagonist (my term) argue to the contrary? Even if the Judge is forced to decide in Ford's favor, the damages would need to be determined separately?

What actual damages are there? Only gains.

IF it would be determined that Ford gains from the resale, it would add argument that the entire suit was Frivolous to begin with.

Rules of Procedure prohibit filing Frivolous law suits. The attorneys on record for the filings would have to be examined for intentionally filing frivolously knowingly and could have to face disbarment proceedings?

That's how I'd defend this. Make the attack dogs put their tails between their legs. They are in real jeopardy for defending a corporate bully, Ford.

These aren't "country hicks" that Ford has representing them and no attorney wants to face a disbarment proceeding?

In addition, the Judge has to deal with my position on lawfulness of the original filing and question the Ford attorneys about how they documented at filing. If they are not truthful, they could be in jeopardy of purgery. Another knock towards a disbarment procedure.

They are not going to be let off of the hook by saying "I don't know". If they really piss the Judge off, they will get fined or worse.

This is when the opposite council really gets nasty. They start showing attitude to everyone including the Judge, showing open shit fits in court.  It's a quick turn of events.

Just a thought. Glad I'm not involved in it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 10:16:53 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

stephen_becker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2020, 12:14:43 PM »
Hey Ford - Its called KARMA and its a bitch. You idiots screwed up the NFGT allotment system so bad and forgot those of us FGT owners that still are the original owners of 05/06 FGT's (that you all promised you would not forget). As they say in politics, the fix was in from the start.