Author Topic: Vacuum fitting GT350 aluminum intake  (Read 2076 times)

Horsman

• View Profile
Vacuum fitting GT350 aluminum intake
« on: February 27, 2020, 09:07:55 AM »
When I purchased my car the intake was missing. Wondering how the tilt away column received its vacuum source at the back of the intake manifold, is there a specific combo fitting that provided vacuum for the brake booster and tilt away?

Thanks in advance.

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum fitting GT350 aluminum intake
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 09:12:13 AM »
Don't think '67 Shelby's had the tilt-wheel, the'68's did - Others will know better...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Horsman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 09:20:31 AM »
Don't think '67 Shelby's had the tilt-wheel, the'68's did - Others will know better...

Mine is a 67 K-code I am outfitting the engine like a Shelby GT350.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 09:40:01 AM »
No tilt on 67 Shelbys.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 02:28:43 PM »

Mine is a 67 K-code I am outfitting the engine like a Shelby GT350.

Oh, sorry - hopefully someone can help steer you in the right direction...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 02:52:22 PM »
When I purchased my car the intake was missing. Wondering how the tilt away column received its vacuum source at the back of the intake manifold, is there a specific combo fitting that provided vacuum for the brake booster and tilt away?

Thanks in advance.
Do you have a automatic or 4sp. What about power brakes . Those things would impact what you could use on a Cobra Intake.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Horsman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 06:24:51 PM »

Thanks in advance.
Do you have a automatic or 4sp. What about power brakes . Those things would impact what you could use on a Cobra Intake.

Thanks Bob. My car is a four speed with power disc brakes.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 07:00:49 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Here is a 67 Mustang version for a auto car. It would thread into the second vacuum port on the cobra intake .The first one of course of for the pcv. The automatic version has the taper for the modulator valve but a manual with a booster would not taper. You can of course cut the taper portion off or find one that  is not tapered. The 1/8 vacuum nipple could be used for the tilt . You do know that you will need a vacuum reservoir for the tilt also. It is available on the shelf if you can't find one.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:03:48 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Horsman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 09:27:44 AM »

Thanks in advance.

Here is a 67 Mustang version for a auto car. It would thread into the second vacuum port on the cobra intake .The first one of course of for the pcv. The automatic version has the taper for the modulator valve but a manual with a booster would not taper. You can of course cut the taper portion off or find one that  is not tapered. The 1/8 vacuum nipple could be used for the tilt . You do know that you will need a vacuum reservoir for the tilt also. It is available on the shelf if you can't find one.

Thanks Bob, I will try to hunt that fitting down...unless someone here has one they could part with. My car was equipped with the wood style wheel and tilt away from the factory, the canister is mounted close to the firewall on the right side of the car, looks like a short coffee can.