Author Topic: 69 Shelby Door  (Read 4744 times)

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
Re: 69 Shelby Door
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2020, 10:41:23 PM »
If you still have problem getting the door, give me call on Thursday---my shop is getting another car tomorrow and if door is in good condition you can have it. I will make sure that Shelby projects have first crack at it--FYI ---we actually taped people at car show last year --in row---1965-66-67-68-69--70--ironically 70 had the most attention and young teenagers by the time they got down to 67 they had enough and moved on--they could care less originality , just how cool it is---and those are new owners, they just care how cool cars are and not how original---good luck

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2020, 04:42:05 PM »
Thanks, and I will call you on Thursday. What can you say about the cool factor. Shiny objects will always get an over amount of attention. But authentic is the best. I'm guessing that those kids would have turned their noses up at the Bullit Mustang.

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2020, 09:04:25 PM »
Call me on thursday [604 315 O328] I hope the door is not bondo special, if it is in good shape you can absolutely have it. What I said about shiny cars, unfortunately when we are dealing with our kids , reality sits in, they care more how nice it looks, how sexy it is, it just has to be cool in their own terms. For special rare cars there is always going to be demand from collectors and history buffs---I am taking every possible step to have my cars as original as humanly possible , but you know yourself know how is another issue. CHEERS