Author Topic: oil pan drain plug  (Read 2230 times)

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
oil pan drain plug
« on: March 01, 2020, 02:00:30 PM »
Hi---where oil drain plug painted together with the oil pan or are they actually left natural---after I painted you can no longer see F-C logo-- thanks

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: oil pan drain plug
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 02:17:17 PM »
Painted with all oil pan attacing bolts and gasket

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 02:22:57 PM »
thank you--so when replacing gasket I gues I should spray gasket before installing since I am nor repainting oil pan

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 05:18:58 PM »
thank you--so when replacing gasket I gues I should spray gasket before installing since I am nor repainting oil pan

And you'll have to figure out how you will address the paint that will likely chip off all the attaching bolts.

For others watching this question relates to 67-70 Shelbys ;)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 05:29:04 PM »
Not to get off topic too much but.  John,  I think the experts will advise the oil pan bolts will have a shadow of how the paint was sparayed and should see some slightly lighter or bare metal toward inner part around bolts and pan .  Also  do you have the correct oil pan with correct baffle as Ed meyer helped advise me and I have had correct baffle made...

chris

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 06:54:21 PM »
Thank you---to get it done even remotely correct I will remove oil pan, strip the paint reinstall , mask the engine and paint it again-- sad part is that I paid to get it work done and know I am redoing it , fortunately I got lot of help from members- THANK YOU ALL                                                                                                                                                                                     P.S.-if I can give just one advice to next person just starting same endeavour;                                                                                                 Do not ever buy cheap bargain price parts from unknown source, they are to expensive--spend more money and parts from more expensive places, like Meyer parts, Perkings , Bob Gains etc.---- in general guys from SAAC community, you will pay more initially but save money evetually because parts are correct and work--john