Author Topic: Tulsa Mid America Shelby Show 2020  (Read 11856 times)

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
Tulsa Mid America Shelby Show 2020
« on: March 02, 2020, 10:57:02 AM »
Link to the web pages:
https://musclecarevents.org/
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

CobraJetSet

• View Profile
Re: Tulsa Mid America Shelby Show 2020
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 03:14:22 PM »
Royce , I spoke to Ed two weeks ago. He said Jason Billups would be judging the cars and it will be open to any Ford Performance car..  Might make it very interesting to see what shows up..

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 09:45:12 PM »
Correct for concours pre-registration and acceptance.  Jason succeeds John Brown as Head Judge.

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 09:32:59 AM »
I plan to be there.

Royce , I spoke to Ed two weeks ago. He said Jason Billups would be judging the cars and it will be open to any Ford Performance car..  Might make it very interesting to see what shows up..
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

68GT350roadracer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 07:06:16 AM »
Great show two days at Hallett road racing circuit, one day drag racing, one day car show. This is the 46th year!!! Please bring your early Shelby, since we do not have SAAC this year.

cj750

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 09:54:10 AM »
Do you think it's to late to convince the powers-that-be to break up the '65 - '70 Shelby Mustangs into more than a single show class this year?
Every post I make comes with an implied request for corrections. I'm here to learn.

68gtcoupe

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 11:49:29 AM »
Great show two days at Hallett road racing circuit, one day drag racing, one day car show. This is the 46th year!!! Please bring your early Shelby, since we do not have SAAC this year.

+1.  I was there last in 2010 (can't believe it's been 10 years already!).  Had a great time, was in Tulsa for 4 days and did everything there was to do related to the show.  Hoping to get back out there one of these years.

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 04:32:12 PM »
I find it interesting that the Tulsa Mid-America Ford & Shelby National meet could possibly be held this June 17-21.  It appears like it may happen, with some changes, no doubt.  I’m keeping a close eye on their website; certainly says “planned as scheduled”.  Check for yourself:

https://musclecarevents.org

The multiple-day open track at Hallett Racing Circuit is located in the countryside west of Tulsa, with ample room for social distancing (the lunch café could be a challenge?).  The drag strip provides plenty of space for social distancing (again concessions are a question).  With proper planning and careful observation by people, the parts swap, as well as the Sunday car show could work out, as well.  Even the Thursday evening downtown cruise event seems possible due to the outdoor nature.  Of course, I would expect restaurants to have posted guidelines to follow.

I imagine any banquet or indoor social event just isn’t happening.  I personally don’t see how concours judging can be conducted within social distancing, but who knows?

State and community mandated guidelines indicate that hotels are open for lodging.  I’m not aware of travel restrictions.

Food for thought, huh?  It is a great event!!       

68GT350roadracer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 08:05:00 AM »
I have been out to Hallett a couple of times the last few weeks. The Finish Line Café is serving food. They are bringing it outside to you. No inside dinning as of right now.

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 08:35:24 AM »

Would have loved to been able to attend but I have a previous race scheduled for Mid-Ohio during this time.

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 09:54:49 PM »
If schedule provides I'll be there this year as well.

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2020, 04:00:15 PM »
I find it interesting that the Tulsa Mid-America Ford & Shelby National meet could possibly be held this June 17-21.  It appears like it may happen, with some changes, no doubt.  I’m keeping a close eye on their website; certainly says “planned as scheduled”.  Check for yourself:
Food for thought, huh?  It is a great event!!     
Sounds great Don but biggest hurdle for most of us is getting on a plane

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 10:18:47 AM »
Tim, I totally understand!  It is convenient for me to drive, but after seeing news video of human behavior over this holiday weekend I am evaluating what is worth it and what is not.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2020, 12:49:10 PM »
Tim, I totally understand!  It is convenient for me to drive, but after seeing news video of human behavior over this holiday weekend I am evaluating what is worth it and what is not.
I am about 2.5 hours farther then Don but given the same opinion on the news video as well as other factors ,I am in the process of deciding what makes the most sense for my family. It is painful contemplation.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2020, 01:23:45 PM »
...and please also take into consideration your advanced age

🤭