News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What Oil

Started by GT350AUS, March 09, 2020, 04:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 10, 2020, 07:30:32 PM
Speaking of air, should you need vintage air for your tires....we have special containers with the specific air that would be correct for your vintage Shelby.

Please provide us your specific build date and we can provide you with a proper qoute and special SAAC pricing.

Thank you

Quote from: 427heaven on March 10, 2020, 07:02:46 PM
Quote from: GT350AUS on March 10, 2020, 06:13:16 PM
Agreed... Wait till you ask how much air pressure is ideal, or what do you think about running a CAUTION fan sticker, the flood gates will open up.
Vintage air. Creatively hilarious! Scary part is there might be an actual niche market for it.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

How much Z does one need???

We have used mobil 1 15w50 with 1200 for years.  One of our cars has a 428 with a high lift and duration.  No problems so far

Quote from: The Going Thing on March 11, 2020, 10:31:20 AM
Randy:
Exactly. Or long term use and wear and observation during tear-downs. Mobil 1 absolutely does not contain enough ZDDP to protect a flat tappet cam.
I use Mobil one in my Lincoln and the Saab V6 cars.  I also had an issue with Castrol. I used it on my Turbo Toyota. It would pull enough oil in smoke during high vacuum on deacceleration. I changed to the Kendall and it stopped completely.
Too many personal experiences.   I'll stick with the Penn Grade on the Shelby.
I am not overly enthralled with 18-20 PSI at Idle hot and 55PSI hot at 3000 +-.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Working on it....will have 1965, 1966 and 1967 air available by end of year...

Quote from: deathsled on March 11, 2020, 12:42:36 PM
Speaking of air, should you need vintage air for your tires....we have special containers with the specific air that would be correct for your vintage Shelby.

Please provide us your specific build date and we can provide you with a proper qoute and special SAAC pricing.

Thank you

Agreed... Wait till you ask how much air pressure is ideal, or what do you think about running a CAUTION fan sticker, the flood gates will open up.
Vintage air. Creatively hilarious! Scary part is there might be an actual niche market for it.

I have all UNGOLD cars

The Going Thing

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 11, 2020, 01:01:08 PM
Working on it....will have 1965, 1966 and 1967 air available by end of year...

Quote from: deathsled on March 11, 2020, 12:42:36 PM

Thank you

To be fair Tony the 'Caution fan' decal does have a use. It works well when you lean on one and crack it. It'll hold it together while the glue cures.

gt350hr

"Original air" is pricey for sure.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

FL SAAC

That year

That air between the lines can be exclusively yours....coming soon!

Quote from: gt350hr on March 12, 2020, 10:24:20 AM
   "Original air" is pricey for sure.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Bigfoot

For what it's worth,.... the 5-50 Full Synthetic Motorcraft oil has been run in my race car for 7 years at full temp in 30-40 minute sessions in 90 degree heat at 7-8000rpm almost every shift.

Only blown one motor.....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

+ 1 word !

that motocaca oil is the best

Quote from: Bigfoot on March 12, 2020, 04:02:58 PM
For what it's worth,.... the 5-50 Full Synthetic Motorcraft oil has been run in my race car for 7 years at full temp in 30-40 minute sessions in 90 degree heat at 7-8000rpm almost every shift.

I have all UNGOLD cars

The Going Thing

Quote from: Bigfoot on March 12, 2020, 04:02:58 PM

Small Block roller motor?  Roller and Flat Tappet cams have many different requirements. If you spend a lot of time on the FE forums and others we see a very common trend of flat tappet cam issues. Especially with new break-ins. When most of the builders of renown suggest and regularly use a particular product then I tend to follow their lead.  As for the Penn Grade is has always been one of the best offerings out there.