News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 conv black carpet choice ..orig or repo

Started by Rukiddin, March 10, 2020, 12:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rukiddin

I spent a little time cleaning my original front carpet and it came out very nice. I am tempted to use it to continue my goal of using original over repo when possible. Would anyone really notice the difference? I have been able to RESTORE many of my original parts instead of replacing them and feel it is important to use the original parts . Rear section is not useable,but blends with original front very well.....my new repo carpet has some "stitching" around the edge of rubber floor insert that the original does not. Other than that and backing of different material,looks identical. Looking for honest opinions.
Use repo? Re-use original?

shelbydoug

Quote from: Rukiddin on March 10, 2020, 12:01:44 PM
I spent a little time cleaning my original front carpet and it came out very nice. I am tempted to use it to continue my goal of using original over repo when possible. Would anyone really notice the difference? I have been able to RESTORE many of my original parts instead of replacing them and feel it is important to use the original parts . Rear section is not useable,but blends with original front very well.....my new repo carpet has some "stitching" around the edge of rubber floor insert that the original does not. Other than that and backing of different material,looks identical. Looking for honest opinions.
Use repo? Re-use original?

I took my original carpets out and pressure washed them. They came out well and lots of brown mud came out of them. Try that first. See what they look like.

If your's are solid but fading, you can use fabric dye on them.

The original carpets are nothing special. They are very thin.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!