News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Help needed on parts. 67 Gt500

Started by RAYGEDDESPROTO751, March 10, 2020, 11:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAYGEDDESPROTO751

Hi,
Need help finding a few things. My rain gutter trim on the right side is needing a better quality. Anyone have one for sale. Also does anyone have pictures of the trunk torsion bars on the 67. One turn up missing. Trying to find watch one I need. Don't know if bend the same or shape is different. You can e-mail me at cnlcabinets@gmail.com   Thanks Clayt   Can also call or text me at 269-492-4470.

J_Speegle

Fastbacks only had one rod to hold the trunk up when open

Picture of some installed

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on March 11, 2020, 01:10:24 AM
Fastbacks only had one rod to hold the trunk up when open

Picture of some installed

So that there is no confusion the steel innerstructure trunklid typically had the center bracket like seen in Jeff's pictures of a steel innerstructure trunklid to hold the bar. The all fiberglass version did not.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Also be advised tht jack instructions were typically put on floor or trap door depending on SA production date because they were added at Ford. Trunklid was added at SA.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bossbill

And, by no longer having the support in the middle of the fiberglass trunk lid the end of the rod (actually a torsion bar) no longer follows a completely straight (vertical) line.
This forces the rod end to walk back and forth sometimes popping the fingered retainer nut off. And the accompanying noise ... 
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

Wedgeman

And how is that problem alleviated on a fiberglass trunk lid ??... :(

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Wedgeman on March 11, 2020, 05:17:40 PM
And how is that problem alleviated on a fiberglass trunk lid ??... :(
The vast majority of fiberglass trunklid cars do not have a problem or at least not one bad enough to alleviate . Some owners install the bracket into the fiberglass trunklid anyway. Sometimes it will hold and sometimes it will hold for a while then come loose.