News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

John Atzbach Collection going to Mecum Indy

Started by Shelby_r_b, March 11, 2020, 02:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby_r_b

Wow.  Dana Mecum just announced that the John Atzbach Collection will be coming to Mecum Indy. His R Model (The Flying Shelby) will be sold as well.

Wow...
Nothing beats a classic!

6s1640

This is sad news.  I hope John's health issues can be resolved.  Take care John.  Get better.

Cory

Bob Gaines

I wish John all of the best and will do anything that I can do if need be to help make his auctions the best they can possibly be.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Shelby_r_b

Agreed.  In the collection summary, it mentions that he has some health issues; which really stinks.  All the best and prayers to you, John!
Nothing beats a classic!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 11, 2020, 02:38:11 PM
Mr Gaines

A one and a two?
Pete is referring to 67 0002 . It would be nice to have book ends .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Grumpy

So sad to see this. John is the most dedicated early Shelby guy I know :( 

67411F--0100-ENG.

Sorry to hear that John is having health issues.  Prayers for John and his family.

My money is on Greg Miller buying 5R002.  It could then be reunited at the Shelby American Collection with CSX2431 and GT40 P/1015.  I believe these are the 3 most significant Shelby cars with significant Ken Miles history. 

Can anyone confirm that Greg Miller was the buyer of the Bullitt Mustang?

Thanks,
Eric

sfm5

John also owns 5S207, one of the 4 factory Drag cars. I wonder if he is keeping it or has already sold it privately?
65 GT350

Vernon Estes

Quote from: sfm5 on March 11, 2020, 05:00:37 PM
John also owns 5S207, one of the 4 factory Drag cars. I wonder if he is keeping it or has already sold it privately?

The two drag cars as well as one of the convertibles were sold privately recently.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Krelboyne

1966 GT-350 Convertible, has one of those ever been auctioned? Estimate?
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Vernon Estes

Quote from: Krelboyne on March 11, 2020, 05:39:51 PM
1966 GT-350 Convertible, has one of those ever been auctioned? Estimate?

The red one was offered by worldwide some time back so yes.

Once John's Green example sells, I'm guessing all 4 examples will be essentially untouchable due to the quality of owners who will then have the cars.

Im guessing this is the last time someone is going to get a shot at one, frankly.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

prototypefan

The yellow convertible sold privately recently

Two of the cars are now in the same collection

Side-Oilers

Quote from: 67411F--0100-ENG. on March 11, 2020, 04:41:14 PM
My money is on Greg Miller buying 5R002.  It could then be reunited at the Shelby American Collection with CSX2431 and GT40 P/1015.  I believe these are the 3 most significant Shelby cars tied to Ken Miles. 

Can anyone confirm that Greg Miller was the buyer of the Bullitt Mustang?

Thanks,
Eric

Very interesting that in the nearly two months since the auction, the buyer's name still remains a secret.

In these days of the internet knowing everything about everyone, I'm surprised that the name hasn't been revealed.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model