News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Car events rescheduled due to Corona Virus fears

Started by CSX 4133, March 12, 2020, 07:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Quote from: Wedgeman on March 13, 2020, 03:12:18 PM
How come Mecum is still going on amid all of this ??
Fortune favors the bold. Ancient Latin proverb
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

"Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat",

Quote from: deathsled on March 13, 2020, 03:59:17 PM
Quote from: Wedgeman on March 13, 2020, 03:12:18 PM
How come Mecum is still going on amid all of this ??
Fortune favors the bold. Ancient Latin proverb
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Don Johnston

And yet all those who are panicked about being in crowded event venues and planning to avoid them  are packing into stores to stock up with supplies in case they are quarantined for weeks.  They have no crowd fear of being around strangers as they stand in line to get in, pack the aisles or being close to strangers waiting  at check out.  But being in an open venue to watch a parade, sporting event or other public activity scares them. 8)

The Going Thing

I just got home this morning from JFK. I went straight to Costco at 1030 hrs.  The parking lot is full, the check out lines had been divided into three lines. They were lined up from the register to the meat refers all the way in the back of the store. No paper products, no zip lock bags. I had about four things in my cart and decided to pop smoke and exit the area.

FL SAAC

+1 you are correct sir !

Quote from: Don Johnston on March 13, 2020, 05:34:58 PM
And yet all those who are panicked about being in crowded event venues and planning to avoid them  are packing into stores to stock up with supplies in case they are quarantined for weeks.  They have no crowd fear of being around strangers as they stand in line to get in, pack the aisles or being close to strangers waiting  at check out.  But being in an open venue to watch a parade, sporting event or other public activity scares them. 8)

I have all UNGOLD cars

deathsled

A lawyer at the firm became a tad upset with me when I suggested that while everyone is hoarding toilet paper, I have decided to hoard printer paper. He wasn't amused. I think my comment was rather innocuous. But hey I'm not looking to win a popularity contest.

Stay safe,

Richard E.

deathsled

I thought so. I grabbed a ream of paper and stuck it under my arm and told him I feel safer already. He rolled his eyes and walked away. Some lawyers have no humor. They're oh so serious.

FL SAAC

Double Dang !  we have several things in common...

Quote from: deathsled on March 13, 2020, 06:33:58 PM
But hey I'm not looking to win a popularity contest.

Stay safe,

Richard E.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Side-Oilers

Quote from: CSX 4133 on March 13, 2020, 02:28:09 PM
Stateside a lot of sporting events are cancelling or postponing. Internationally the FIA has postponed the Bahrain, Vietnam and Austrian Grand Prix's so far, I'd be curious if LeMans even goes off this year.

Now SVRA has cancelled the Road Atlanta Pro-Am, the other scheduled races are still on, for now.

https://www.historicracingnews.com/Article/SVRA-Cancel-Road-Atlanta-Pro-Am/3211

I'd think that any completely outdoor event like a car race would be no more safe or unsafe than going outside and breathing in air.
That air has to come from somewhere. Even if you're in your own backyard.  ;D

Humans can be scared little animals sometimes, easily swayed by media, politicians and other fear-mongers. Yet, in many other instances, humans are capable of amazing, heroic, and super-human feats of bravery and selflessness. 

I guess which type we each choose to be defines our character.

My hat is eternally off to first-responders, law enforcement, firefighters, EMTs, military, and everyone else who keeps us safe.

As for now, I'll be out enjoying events and hoarding nothing but old car magazines. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Hockeylife

More - " RM AUCTIONS SHIFTS SOUTH FLORIDA AUCTION AT PALM BEACH INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY TO ONLINE-ONLY AUCTION"

alexgt350h

Just read where the Columbus,Ohio Ford Swap Meet has been cancelled!
Bummer

J_Speegle

Will continue until there is a vaccine and then time to get it out the masses
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

The Going Thing

Quote from: Side-Oilers on March 13, 2020, 08:31:21 PM
Quote from: CSX 4133 on March 13, 2020, 02:28:09 PM
Stateside a lot of sporting events are cancelling or postponing. Internationally the FIA has postponed the Bahrain, Vietnam and Austrian Grand Prix's so far, I'd be curious if LeMans even goes off this year.

Now SVRA has cancelled the Road Atlanta Pro-Am, the other scheduled races are still on, for now.

https://www.historicracingnews.com/Article/SVRA-Cancel-Road-Atlanta-Pro-Am/3211

I'd think that any completely outdoor event like a car race would be no more safe or unsafe than going outside and breathing in air.
That air has to come from somewhere. Even if you're in your own backyard.  ;D

Humans can be scared little animals sometimes, easily swayed by media, politicians and other fear-mongers. Yet, in many other instances, humans are capable of amazing, heroic, and super-human feats of bravery and selflessness. 

I guess which type we each choose to be defines our character.

My hat is eternally off to first-responders, law enforcement, firefighters, EMTs, military, and everyone else who keeps us safe.

As for now, I'll be out enjoying events and hoarding nothing but old car magazines.
As for many it's an unappreciated field of endeavor. Most who are willing to defend are viewed as an anachronism only safe to unleash when they no longer feel safe and can't hide in their safe spaces.

TOBKOB

QuoteA lawyer at the firm became a tad upset with me when I suggested that while everyone is hoarding toilet paper, I have decided to hoard printer paper. He wasn't amused. I think my comment was rather innocuous. But hey I'm not looking to win a popularity contest.

No more Sears and Roebuck catalogs...One more downside to the digital age we live in... ::)  ;D

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970