Author Topic: Car events rescheduled due to Corona Virus fears  (Read 6893 times)

The Going Thing

• View Profile
Re: Car events rescheduled due to Corona Virus fears
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2020, 11:01:38 AM »
A lawyer at the firm became a tad upset with me when I suggested that while everyone is hoarding toilet paper, I have decided to hoard printer paper. He wasn't amused. I think my comment was rather innocuous. But hey I'm not looking to win a popularity contest.

No more Sears and Roebuck catalogs...One more downside to the digital age we live in... ::)  ;D

TOB
Well, Richard decided to buy a ream of printer paper. I'll hope he doesn't wind up with paper cuts..... :o

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2020, 11:37:52 AM »

I'd think that any completely outdoor event like a car race would be no more safe or unsafe than going outside and breathing in air.
That air has to come from somewhere. Even if you're in your own backyard.  ;D

Humans can be scared little animals sometimes, easily swayed by media, politicians and other fear-mongers. Yet, in many other instances, humans are capable of amazing, heroic, and super-human feats of bravery and selflessness. 

I guess which type we each choose to be defines our character.

My hat is eternally off to first-responders, law enforcement, firefighters, EMTs, military, and everyone else who keeps us safe.

As for now, I'll be out enjoying events and hoarding nothing but old car magazines.

Nothing disinfects the air like Sunoco 110 so a racing event should be good to go. Regarding those magazines (for alternative use) don't forget to use a staple remover prior... ouch!

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2020, 11:59:23 AM »
Its like navigating a mine field... You know they are there, you don't know what type, how many, where they are located, and how far the field is. It has been said- They were good until they weren't. :-[ Be safe.

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2020, 12:20:35 PM »
Might be able get a seat at the local sports bar.........if they are open. If not ,I have a ‘68 that needs some attention. Time to get things done on the car! ;D

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2020, 12:41:19 PM »
 Saturday March 14th, 2020:  My wife and I just got back from our weekly grocery shopping.
 We're safe: all the cat ladies buying two containers of cat litter, buying the 9 roll pack of paper towels, not one or two frozen pizzas, no, six or more!  Toiler paper aisle empty.  Noticed a bunch of beer and two litre pop going in the carts,   Frozen veggies aisle all bought out (like they eat that all the time).  Oh, and canned soup.  WTF??  Eggs...all sold out.
  Check-out lines 20+ deep times 24 checkouts going.  Where do these people shop on a normal Saturday?   Friday, the parking lot at the local Aldi's was over full too.

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2020, 01:07:18 AM »
If I wanted to be safe I would have been in the Air Force. As for the usual fear-mongering talking heads.  At least this wasn't ignored like SARS and H1N1 for six months before any federal declarations were made and over 1000 lives were claimed by it.  This will be just like they were. All but a blip on the screen and forgotten about by the end of November.  The response was timely and the appropriate actions taken to protect Americans.
Had the Chinese been straight up about this it likely would have been contained. No different than any other major SNAFU. It's covered up until it can't be.
I wish all the best and may you all fair well.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2020, 11:29:28 AM »
Well said +1

If I wanted to be safe I would have been in the Air Force. As for the usual fear-mongering talking heads.  At least this wasn't ignored like SARS and H1N1 for six months before any federal declarations were made and over 1000 lives were claimed by it.  This will be just like they were. All but a blip on the screen and forgotten about by the end of November.  The response was timely and the appropriate actions taken to protect Americans.
Had the Chinese been straight up about this it likely would have been contained. No different than any other major SNAFU. It's covered up until it can't be.
I wish all the best and may you all fair well.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2020, 06:25:08 PM »
Calif just released a "shelter in place" for all senior citizens.

Here's to every forum member making the right choice for themselves and their situation and hopefully no "I told you so's" once its all said and done
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2020, 07:42:00 PM »
x 10 Jeff... Be safe and make good choices what ever that might be, for you and your family members.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2020, 09:48:59 PM »
Everyone needs to have an exit strategy in place, we have ours.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy