News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

66 rear package shelf in a 69

Started by mikeh, March 13, 2020, 05:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeh

Will it fit? In other words, take out the fold down & replace(temporarily). Obviously a non concours situation. I see Branda has them, any thoughts on whos is best (if anyone else even has them)

Thanks, Mike

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mikeh on March 13, 2020, 05:47:04 PM
Will it fit? In other words, take out the fold down & replace(temporarily). Obviously a non concours situation. I see Branda has them, any thoughts on whos is best (if anyone else even has them)

Thanks, Mike
See , http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=9499.msg79980;topicseen#msg79980    . All those that sell them get them from the same MFG I believe.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

The shipping label on the one I got from Branda was something like "Cobra Fiberglass, Somewhere, Ohio".

When you look at it closely you will see that it obviously was made from a mold "lifted" off of an original plastic one.

There are small spots here and there that I'd call "mold blemishes" but considering how rare the original plastic ones are, who knows what condition it was in to take a mold off of to begin with?

You can see the pattern of the "snakeskin from the original panel". Similar to what you see on the fiberglass interior panels on the sides.

It is molded in black gel coat so you don't really even need to paint it.

The picture I posted is after I repainted the interior with a "factory mix 'Charcoal black metallic'. As JD warned, it's a little too glossy to be right on for Concourse. That will be taken into consideration BEFORE I redo the '67. I would definitely go with the 20% additional flatting agent in the paint.

Live and learn.

I don't know of anyone else then Branda selling them. He's got a bunch of "weird" stuff that no one else bothers with. He's probably located down the road from this fiberglass guy and it works out for both of them? Shipping everything freight is a PITA. He's right off of RT80 so shipping bulk is easier for him.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Mr.Guts

Yes, it will fit. I had a friend that put one in a 69 Mach 1 years ago.

67 GT350

Yes, it will fit, my friend put one in his 70 BOSS 302, I put one in my old 67 Shelby, how I did it was laid it in, and lifted it in place and put a small amount of GE silicon and placed it, when it dried, it was nicely in place. My thinking was easy removal and no screw holes. Now I did this in the 80's....assuming that they still are the same....

In fact, I may put them in my 67 FT350 and my BOSS302 again!
RARE  Signature Delete

mikeh

Interesting, Branda replied this am and said it will fit 65-66 only! But I'm guessing they either have never tried or just covering their butt!

Thanks for your input, I'll probably give it a shot

67 GT350

Hmmm, I believe the rear seats in all the early mustangs are the same width, I remember it was a nice fit and siliconed in really was slick!
RARE  Signature Delete

mikeh

Yeah not sure why they responded with that but I'll take everyone's word for it here, just wanted to be sure before I ordered.

Thanks again

shelbydoug

Quote from: mikeh on March 14, 2020, 11:54:28 AM
Yeah not sure why they responded with that but I'll take everyone's word for it here, just wanted to be sure before I ordered.

Thanks again

Who loves ya' Baby?

Branda has his uses but there is specific, specific knowledge here you will find no where else. It can be light years beyond what you can find ANYWHERE else.

You just have to work the cranky guys to spill it.

We can even tell you who not to sit next to at the Convention. Some of us just look scary.  8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!