News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Hagerty article on how Coronavirus might affect Collector car market.

Started by CSX 4133, March 15, 2020, 01:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Still feeling fine, but that doesn't mean anything.  Contemplating the sale of my Shelby and invest the money in a year's supply of organic popcorn and Cheetos puffs.  Also, due to toilet paper shortages, I bought three boxes of Kleenex and according to my calculations of 120 tissues per box, if I use one per day, I will be good for roughly one year.  I'm all set.  All seriousness though, courts are closing up here in Chicagoland and roads are becoming vacant.  I fear a collapsed economy in the aftermath more than the virus itself.  But I do maintain a healthy fear of the virus.  I'm 56.  The Cerveza Bug would like to kill me at this age.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

TOBKOB

QuoteAlso, due to toilet paper shortages, I bought three boxes of Kleenex and according to my calculations of 120 tissues per box, if I use one per day, I will be good for roughly one year.  I'm all set.

Use both sides of the paper and you will be set for 2 years... ;D   ::)   :-[

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

FL SAAC

Mucho smarto!

Quote from: TOBKOB on March 16, 2020, 09:46:43 PM
Quote.

TOB
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

TOBKOB

1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Don Johnston

Use both sides.  Sounds like a lot o crap to me.  I have reverted to pages of  Mustang Monthly since they of no other use now.

Kent

Tony I dont know what you mean my posts are still the same.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

The Going Thing

Well, any of you that served in the military remember the three "tissue paper" sheets that came in each C ration or MRE.  Most of us carried them in the elastic band on our helmet. They were coveted in the field, being they were often stolen. Free advice. Make sure your hands are dry so you don't compromise the paper during use. If you happen to run out avoid poison IVY. That is all!

shelbydoug

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 16, 2020, 10:05:01 PM
Mucho smarto!

Quote from: TOBKOB on March 16, 2020, 09:46:43 PM
Quote.

TOB

Change all of your big bills for singles. Ask the teller for new bills and tell them they are for gifts.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 16, 2020, 07:56:41 PM

Rare Shelbys like the one and only 1967, convertibles,  the first GT500, Lil Red, the Green Hornet,  experimentals. the one and only Super Snake.

Like I said you can count them on your fingers and toes.

Unfortunately we humans we are vane, I have the only green Shelby with a plaid interior, rug delete, with a am radio and no console. Not 1 of 2,000 - not 1 of 1, 000 - not 1 of 500, these are truly 1 of 1  that's it no more, the end 1 of 1

These are the ones that are worth the Benjamins.

Everyone else has nice cars.

Show me the money !

Finito

Quote from: kjspeed on March 16, 2020, 06:32:40 PM
Model T's are selling today for roughly 20 times their original price, give or take. Earlier models in pristine condition command more, drivers a bit less. And there were over 15 million of them made. Shelby's were far less plentiful and some of them won't command 20 times their original price tag. Everything is relative.

SHOW ME THE MONEY !

Here's what makes this 1967 Shelby Mustang #0139 so special and "The Rarest Shelby Mustang":

• It was the first Mustang Convertible to receive the 428 cu.in., V-8 dual-quad engine with air conditioning from the factory.

• It was the third Mustang (all body styles) to receive the 428 engine.

• It was the first Ford to be equipped with the upgraded "PCG-R" C-6 Automatic Transmission #000001.

• The only 1967, and the only GT 500 convertible to be ordered, serialized, and built by Shelby American. 

• One of two 1967 models to be upgraded with 1968 styled fiberglass.

• It Is the most photographed and publicized Shelby GT Mustang car ever built.

• It is a 1 of 1 fully documented and very valuable 1967 Shelby GT 500 convertible.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Bob Gaines

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 17, 2020, 07:11:06 PM

Rare Shelbys like the one and only 1967, convertibles,  the first GT500, Lil Red, the Green Hornet,  experimentals. the one and only Super Snake.

Unfortunately we humans we are vane, I have the only green Shelby with a plaid interior, rug delete, with a am radio and no console. Not 1 of 2,000 - not 1 of 1, 000 - not 1 of 500, these are truly 1 of 1  that's it no more, the end 1 of 1

Show me the money !

Finito

Model T's are selling today for roughly 20 times their original price, give or take. Earlier models in pristine condition command more, drivers a bit less. And there were over 15 million of them made. Shelby's were far less plentiful and some of them won't command 20 times their original price tag. Everything is relative.

SHOW ME THE MONEY !

Here's what makes this 1967 Shelby Mustang #0139 so special and "The Rarest Shelby Mustang":

• It was the first Mustang Convertible to receive the 428 cu.in., V-8 dual-quad engine with air conditioning from the factory.

• It was the first Ford to be equipped with the upgraded "PCG-R" C-6 Automatic Transmission #000001.

• The only 1967, and the only GT 500 convertible to be ordered, serialized, and built by Shelby American.

It Is the most photographed and publicized Shelby GT Mustang car ever built.

• It is a 1 of 1 fully documented and very valuable 1967 Shelby GT 500 convertible.
Being most photographed only as a 68 GT500 convertible given its prototype status hopefully someday pictures will surface of the car in 67 Shelby trim to support the way it is restored now . Ether way it is a beautiful car.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67 GT350

Quote from: mk31755 on March 16, 2020, 08:37:24 PM
to keep this in perspective...... so far less that 100 people, in the USA,  have died from this new strain of corona virus.  In 2017 the CDC reported that there were over 80,000 deaths related to the flu virus in the USA.       Be smart.....avoid large crowds.... and wash your hands frequently.  We struggle to understand viruses and unlike bacteria which can be combated with antibiotics  viruses can be much more difficult to treat.  The sample size we have at this point is too small to be statistically significant but we need to be smart to keep this from becoming an epidemic like it is in Italy.  If you start to feel something coming on STAY HOME and contact your local CDC for instructions.  The goal is to minimize the spread of the virus.  Those that are at the greatest risk are infants, elderly, and immunocompromised people.  You don't have to quarantine yourself but don't be stupid either.

AMEN
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

1 of 1 only 1967 Shelby convertible ever made by Shelby American

This is the money shot !

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 17, 2020, 07:32:10 PM

Rare Shelbys like the one and only 1967 convertible

Being most photographed only as a 68 GT500 convertible given its prototype status hopefully someday pictures will surface of the car in 67 Shelby trim to support the way it is restored now . Ether way it is a beautiful car.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Chris Thauberger

Show me the money !

Finito

SHOW ME THE MONEY !

It Is the most photographed and publicized Shelby GT Mustang car ever built.

Details...details..  eleanor ignores the details that don't fit his narrative ;)     

cut/paste repeat...cut/paste repeat
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Just reflecting on some of the comments on the 1 and only some say to bad we don't have old pictures of it as a 1967. The title say 1967 and Ford sent it to SA in 66.

But you know I also have never seen God or a picture of him,  but I still know he is out there and exist.

Rare Shelbys like the one and only 1967 convertible

[/quote]

I have all UNGOLD cars