News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

You know this is serious when they cancel the Monaco Grand Prix

Started by FL SAAC, March 16, 2020, 05:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bigfoot

Sh!t happens.
You can just re Route ur trip to Eze. Cool vacation spot.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

No need to go very far to get to paradise ... our happy place @

Quote from: Bigfoot on March 16, 2020, 05:33:12 PM
Sh!t happens.

I have all UNGOLD cars

kjspeed

St. Pete GP canceled and they're using the "No refunds" ticket policy to avoid paying anyone back. There are only two options; apply the cost to next year's race (if they have one) or they'll credit 110% of the cost to the Ohio, Toronto or Portland races this year. Gee, 10% of a $110 ticket is $11 to put toward expenses for a race that is 1000 to 2500 miles away. But I'm relatively lucky since I live in Florida and had no costs other than the ticket. Many people came from a great distance and had travel and lodging expenses as well. The announcement wasn't made until Thursday so most of them were already here.

I get that significant resources were spent setting up the street course and I would be fine with a pro-rated refund but that's not an option. I've never been to an Indycar race before and I thought it would be a good time to check it off my bucket list. Bad timing on my part.

Here is NASCAR's policy on refunds for Atlanta:
Ticketholders on file may use their March 13-15, 2020, tickets for the postponed event, choose to receive an event credit for the full amount paid plus an additional 20%, or choose to receive a full refund of their purchase price. The event credit can be applied toward any admissions, including, but not limited to, grandstand seating, infield tickets, camping, fan hospitality and pit passes. The 120% event credit can be used during the remaining 2020 or 2021 seasons for a NASCAR sanctioned event at any Speedway Motorsports owned track, subject to availability.

Compare that with Indycar's statement:

On Saturday evening (March 14), 2020 ticket purchasers on file for the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg were notified of the credit being offered for the cancelled event. This communication was via email to each individual impacted, and posts were also placed on social media and the event website. This decision was not made lightly and was formed from research done across live sports, music and entertainment events nationally. It also considered unique temporary, purpose-built venues like ours which had events cancelled due to these extraordinary circumstances. The Green Savoree St. Petersburg LLC credit offer provides options to ticket purchasers and flexibility through 2021 that extend beyond the policy accepted and agreed to at the time of purchase which is 'No refunds or exchanges. All sales final.' This policy is posted on the event website, the point of purchase ticketing system used and agreed to at time of purchase by customers, and on the back of each event ticket. The applicable language of the policy as printed on the event ticket is provided below, and is customary and standard in the industry. The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented global event impacting us all. We hope our fans can understand and support us in this complicated situation.

Below is an excerpt of the applicable language from back of event ticket.

I am not entitled to a refund, replacement ticket, or other event admission material, or to payment for any damages of any kind for any reason from IndyCar or GSSP or Andersen including, without limitation, lost/damaged ticket, cancellation, shortening, rescheduling, or other alteration of the event. All sales are final – no money refunded or exchanges.
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

mark p

gotta hate it when "they" resort to reminding you to read the fine print... ???
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

FL SAAC

Absolutely...no worries, Monaco is going to miss out on me ...

Huzzah, gone fishing!

I have all UNGOLD cars

CSX 4133

I expect the entire G.P.season will be cancelled given the extent of the European outbreak.
As a side note, ever wonder what happens to unused G.P. race slicks? This articles details the lengths Pirelli must go to in order to get rid of unused race tires.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/1800-unused-f1-tyres-to-be-scrapped-after-australian-gp-is-canceled/?fbclid=IwAR0fW-cNgENAo8QjLKm-J1jmi9K-_PPYw2grP4Now_AWBkPICSGpsdtFU4E

s2ms

Quote from: Bigfoot on March 16, 2020, 05:33:12 PM
Sh!t happens.

Yes! Eze is amazing, would love to go back sometime, with a real car, not driving the crappy Peugeot that kept stalling if parked on a hill...
Dave - 6S1757

tesgt350

You know it is serious when the Cancel the Augusta Golf Tournament........It's GOLF and it's OUTSIDE. 

kjspeed

Mark P - I never actually saw the ticket or the disclaimer since a friend that I was going with bought the tickets online, but that's besides the point. Contractually they probably have an ironclad case (Deathsled may know more about that). My point is that they could have offered a refund minus costs incurred for those that wanted it. I may be dead by next year. Hell, I may be dead by Mid-Ohio! Who knows, but Mid-Ohio, Toronto and Portland may also get canceled and I'll be converting my Shelby to a mean Mad Max machine!
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

CSX 4133

Motorsports events still on schedule.... for now. With each added state closing down outdoor gatherings and adding travel restrictions, I pray this virus doesn't curtail these events.  >:(

March 26-29, SVRA Road Atlanta Grand Prix vintage races.  (CANCELLED)

March 26-29, HSR Sebring Spring Fling vintage races.    (CANCELLED)

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

mark p

Quote from: kjspeed on March 17, 2020, 08:18:22 AM
Mark P - I never actually saw the ticket or the disclaimer since a friend that I was going with bought the tickets online, but that's besides the point. Contractually they probably have an ironclad case (Deathsled may know more about that). My point is that they could have offered a refund minus costs incurred for those that wanted it....

Exactly
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird