News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SAAC 45 and the current world insanity

Started by JayTalbott, March 17, 2020, 04:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

The Going Thing

2112:  Your first link was taken down. The second works.

The Going Thing

Copy 5X.  Now they're going to call you a 'Racist' too for posting facts. lol

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: 2112 on March 21, 2020, 11:50:52 AM
Quote from: gt350shelb on March 21, 2020, 10:03:09 AM
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

some numbers to keep ya busy

Thanks.

More Interesting reading;

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-chinas-bat-woman-hunted-down-viruses-from-sars-to-the-new-coronavirus1/

BTW, In case you were curious like I was;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangolin
Interesting reading indeed.

Here's the problem.  You have genius scientist in all different fields around the world and they regularly sound the alarm about catastrophic emerging dangers.  As a society, we don't listen until the shit hits the fan.  Typical.

Maybe something good will come out of all of this.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

The Going Thing

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on March 21, 2020, 08:05:53 PM
Quote from: 2112 on March 21, 2020, 11:50:52 AM
Quote from: gt350shelb on March 21, 2020, 10:03:09 AM
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

some numbers to keep ya busy

Thanks.

More Interesting reading;

There is too much pseudo-science and theory. That is what most of us dismiss. Like Global Warming. We have had cycles for as long as we have been keeping records. Some more severe.
As for COVID. The issue is the Chinese covered it up for several months.  The usual talking arseholes reporters are more concerned with political correctness and screaming racism because it was called what it is. The Chinese flu.
I am just praying that we can recover in short order.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-chinas-bat-woman-hunted-down-viruses-from-sars-to-the-new-coronavirus1/

BTW, In case you were curious like I was;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangolin
Interesting reading indeed.

Here's the problem.  You have genius scientist in all different fields around the world and they regularly sound the alarm about catastrophic emerging dangers.  As a society, we don't listen until the shit hits the fan.  Typical.

Maybe something good will come out of all of this.

QSS

Don Johnston

Hawaii is closed for now.  Governor and mayors have sent out notices that all returning residents and any visitors must isolate themselves in a home or hotel room for 14 days.  Misdemeanor enforcement.  Information and temperature testing of all arrivals.  To be enforced for at least 30 days and probably at least through April.  Remember, aloha also means goodbye.  The shutdown is being done to hopefully reduce a major increase in CorVid cases and overload of emergency and hospital services.  Shortage of medical supplies getting worrisome.

We don't want everything that other places have to share.  8)

shelbydoug

Well, I wish all the best.

I can tell you that my household is self quarantined. We are four adults and one 2 year old.

Four of us are infected with something resembling an upper respiratory cold with some flu symptoms.

Now the medical people are telling us, don't bother to test for "the virus". If we have it, the treatment will be the same as for flu and we can do that ourselves.

The issue is that we have two with immune difficency concerns. One is my grandson with muscular dystrophy. There that is a concern for his breathing ability under normal circumstances for him.

There is a traceable route through my daughter to a positive exposure. Her place of work is now shut down as a result.

So far, this is more annoying then anything. I try and go work on my cars for as long as I can stand then need to go rest for a few hours.

So all the procedures that we took as far as washing hands, social distancing, etc, have not eliminated this infection, whatever it is. So we're riding it out.

After this clears enough to get data, the medical people will be able to answer the technical questions on exactly what went down. For now, even they are without specific answers.

We are kind of on our own since there is such a shortage of what we need, including income. Someone in charge got caught completely with their pants down and I would say that there will be accountability. Someone was supposed to be in charge and know what to do?

So I wish you all the best in riding this out and I hope none of you get anything, but if you do, hang in there. We haven't been hit with the hammer yet but we don't know what's coming yet.

If you see me in the driveway working on one of the cars...best to keep going by and not stop to ask questions. Just sayin'.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

chris NOS

i wish you and your family a quick recovery !.

kjspeed

Doug, I hope you and your family recover quickly and can get back to normal.

The financial fallout from this is going to be massive. Once the threat of the illness has subsided, and it will, there will be economic repercussions for years to come.
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

gt350shelb

Hang in there  Doug and family !   
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Doug, I am confident you will recover and best to your family

FL SAAC

Prayers to you and yours

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 22, 2020, 07:30:13 AM
Well, I wish all the best.

I can tell you that my household is self quarantined. We are four adults and one 2 year old.

Four of us are infected with something resembling an upper respiratory cold with some flu symptoms.

Now the medical people are telling us, don't bother to test for "the virus". If we have it, the treatment will be the same as for flu and we can do that ourselves.

The issue is that we have two with immune difficency concerns. One is my grandson with muscular dystrophy. There that is a concern for his breathing ability under normal circumstances for him.

There is a traceable route through my daughter to a positive exposure. Her place of work is now shut down as a result.

So far, this is more annoying then anything. I try and go work on my cars for as long as I can stand then need to go rest for a few hours.

So all the procedures that we took as far as washing hands, social distancing, etc, have not eliminated this infection, whatever it is. So we're riding it out.

After this clears enough to get data, the medical people will be able to answer the technical questions on exactly what went down. For now, even they are without specific answers.

We are kind of on our own since there is such a shortage of what we need, including income. Someone in charge got caught completely with their pants down and I would say that there will be accountability. Someone was supposed to be in charge and know what to do?

So I wish you all the best in riding this out and I hope none of you get anything, but if you do, hang in there. We haven't been hit with the hammer yet but we don't know what's coming yet.

If you see me in the driveway working on one of the cars...best to keep going by and not stop to ask questions. Just sayin'.  ;)
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert