Author Topic: SAAC 45 and the current world insanity  (Read 26312 times)

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: SAAC 45 and the current world insanity
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2020, 11:56:22 PM »
I am rinsing my car with Purell and using Clorox wipes on the interior to protect it.  Now I am concerned if my computer gets a virus. 8)

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2020, 03:35:54 AM »
Cancel it - The lawyers will be licking their chops & coming after SAAC & it’s board if someone goes and gets sick (or worse) dies. Not worth it

You hit the nail on the head - "the lawyers." If things haven't changed for the better by convention time the lawyers will probably talk SAAC into cancelling... if the local government doesn't beat them to the punch.

Steve

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2020, 08:05:59 AM »
Here's what I think.

We can't continue on lockdown forever. In fact, maybe only a few weeks?

IF everyone could be tested NOW, those that are negative could be ok to go about their regular business.

First off, there aren't enough tests available and even if there were, it takes time to get one done.

Second, the requirements for being given a test need to be relaxed. We need to admit that there are large numbers of "undocumented" people in the US that essentially are hiding from the INS.

They need to be tested too. Everyone needs to be able to "drive up", request a test and be anonymous with just a contact number.

Maybe a way to show everyone you tested negative is in order?

Being tagged however does bring concerns. It would be temporary and social pressure would be put on people to show that test result.

Unfortunately what was done in Germany with Jews being marked with the star of David come to mind is a terrible thought? Of course that needs to be avoided at all costs but if you were standing on line at the grocery store waiting to check out others would feel more comfortable with you.

Social distancing is only going to work for a short time. You can't keep major places of employment shut down indefinitely and something needs to be done immediately.

The current "shut down" plan is only going to work very temporarily in order to give the Medical folks time to catch up and get a head of this as much as possible?

The current New Rochelle model requires a prescription, an appointment and a car to drive up in. That needs to be modified. It doesn't work in NYC where there are large numbers of undocumented, folks with no doctor, and those who don't drive or own a car.

This needs to be a substantial medical/social solution with eliminating politics as much as possible. Otherwise we are stuck in lockdown indefinately and society will begin to break down entirely?

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2020, 08:15:11 AM »
i would like to give you guys infos from europe , we are all in quarantine ,in france you can get 135 euros fine if you have no paper justifying you are going to work or getting food ,problem is not if you individually can survive from this virus , problem is overcrowding the hospital and getting doctors and nurses sick , not enough material for respiratory assistance ,and not able to treat the normal "health clients" that usally coming to the hospital , and then , doctors will have to choose witch patient deserve to survive or left dying... because we don't have enough ressources to take care of every body , it's a matter of not thinking only about ourself but to the whole community .
It took me one week to hear and understand this, i was first reacting like some of you , well i won't stop my life cause of this , and then i and our gouvernements understood the situation and reacted accordingly , the faster you'll do the same in USA , the faster we all go through this hard time.

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2020, 08:38:46 AM »
Reread post #10...this can go either way...stay safe... :)

TOB
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 08:40:35 AM by TOBKOB »
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2020, 09:50:07 AM »

TOB
I agree, this can go either way.

Option #1 - Bad
Option #2 - Worse

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2020, 09:55:10 AM »

TOB

This and post #10 dangerous thinking.

JMHO
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2020, 10:12:46 AM »

Being tagged however does bring concerns. It would be temporary and social pressure would be put on people to show that test result.

Someone could be tested negative and contract the next day, so tagging wouldn't be a safe measure.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2020, 10:13:29 AM »

Someone could be tested negative and contract the next day, so tagging wouldn't be a safe measure.

Don't forget false positives.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2020, 10:18:33 AM »
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:21:14 AM by deathsled »
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2020, 10:29:41 AM »
50 million died from the flu in one year too.  I am not downplaying it affects on those with underlying conditions. However, I don't see a reason for panic.
It's a time for calm and common sense. P.S. Avoid Chinese Fetus and bat soup, as well as monkey meat. Keep your hands clean and moisturized and keep them away from your eyes and mouth.   

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2020, 12:04:10 PM »
90 % of the members are in high risk age group / I highly doubt the track will be available   but i hope  I am wrong by then.

Cancel it - The lawyers will be licking their chops & coming after SAAC & it’s board if someone goes and gets sick (or worse) dies. Not worth it

You hit the nail on the head - "the lawyers." If things haven't changed for the better by convention time the lawyers will probably talk SAAC into cancelling... if the local government doesn't beat them to the punch.

Steve
[/quote]
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2020, 12:49:25 PM »
I told a couple of lawyers at our firm that lawyers are not worth anything in a pandemic. Law enforcement, the military, over the road truckers, (and rail) medical staff and food suppliers are worth everything. They got a little upset with my analysis.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2020, 01:07:21 PM »
Must be about the money. I am not going. My life is way more important than a fun weekend.

Like the ad says, would you get on a plane knowing that there is a 50/50 chance of crashing.

Yes, the media pushed a little far, just to make one guy look bad, but not knowing, I choose to like the 362 days in my life better than 3 days of fun.

For old men, I am hearing children.
RARE  Signature Delete

stephen_becker

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2020, 01:13:20 PM »
Very well stated

Must be about the money. I am not going. My life is way more important than a fun weekend.

Like the ad says, would you get on a plane knowing that there is a 50/50 chance of crashing.

Yes, the media pushed a little far, just to make one guy look bad, but not knowing, I choose to like the 362 days in my life better than 3 days of fun.

For old men, I am hearing children.