Author Topic: SAAC 45 and the current world insanity  (Read 26318 times)

The Going Thing

• View Profile
Re: SAAC 45 and the current world insanity
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2020, 08:49:09 AM »
Well, if you're not tipping the bottle to and fro, or spill It. Now that would constitute abuse.  I think I may come up to the nice part of NY and spend some time with my stepdaughter. Sadly, I have to come into Ickyca ( Ithaca) and back and on to Big Flats.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2020, 09:44:46 AM »
Well, if you're not tipping the bottle to and fro, or spill It. Now that would constitute abuse.  I think I may come up to the nice part of NY and spend some time with my stepdaughter. Sadly, I have to come into Ickyca ( Ithaca) and back and on to Big Flats.

Then I think that you may need medication to help you through the trauma of the trip however consider that paranoia can be a lingering result of a previous medicated solution and that introducing another might not be advisable anyway?

I'm not sure that what we have here in NY is air bound or you actually need to touch someone to get it? I don't think there is any data on that?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2020, 10:23:41 AM »
   NOT "shelter in place"  , it is "stay at home" . Some of us are allowed to keep businesses open and go to work. Grocery stores ARE open though shorter hours. take out food is no problem for the moment.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2020, 10:34:42 AM »
^^^^^ I look at that statement as the same thing. No work , no money, no food in any of the stores, convenience stores, or even liquor stores. There are a few cup of noodle containers at various gas stations tho. :-\

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2020, 11:34:08 AM »
Canadian government just announced they will be closing the Canada US border to nonessential travel. Additionally, anyone crossing the boarder illegally will be returned to the United States.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 11:40:22 AM by Chris Thauberger »
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2020, 11:54:04 AM »
Yes many wineries up this way, and Coumo must protect the only things he cares about in Upstate. I think that is all he thinks is in Upstate.
RARE  Signature Delete

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2020, 12:23:54 PM »
The only thing Cuomo wants from the twin tiers is the property and school taxes.  Otherwise, they're like the red-headed stepchild. Punished and taxed to a point  many can't even afford to maintain their homes. You know the area. They are crumbling. If they do renovate on the exterior the assessor is on us like the Virus.

pchmotoho

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2020, 01:10:01 PM »
Its official California is the first state in the union to lock down 40 million people... Shelter in place. No food to be had in stores unless you want to live on freezer pops and whiskey. :-\

Their seems to be just as many people out and about in So. Cal as their was yesterday and I’m seeing
Plenty of food in the groceries.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2020, 02:07:58 PM »
The only thing Cuomo wants from the twin tiers is the property and school taxes.  Otherwise, they're like the red-headed stepchild. Punished and taxed to a point  many can't even afford to maintain their homes. You know the area. They are crumbling. If they do renovate on the exterior the assessor is on us like the Virus.

You are so right!!!! We should be all out of New York State by the end of the year, if not sooner!
RARE  Signature Delete

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2020, 02:12:30 PM »
Gee, maybe the police should stay in the headquarters and only go on calls, suspend their DWI patrols, suspend their speed traps....Times are tuff, give the people a break from the "little" things.
RARE  Signature Delete

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2020, 02:14:21 PM »
Its official California is the first state in the union to lock down 40 million people... Shelter in place. No food to be had in stores unless you want to live on freezer pops and whiskey. :-\

Their seems to be just as many people out and about in So. Cal as their was yesterday and I’m seeing
Plenty of food in the groceries.
The Santa Clarita valley has about 5-10 percent left on shelves. :-\

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2020, 02:43:49 PM »
    +1  As I mentioned in reply #62.  Yes fewer ( by 50%) on the freeway this week. This isn't "martial law" and panic in the streets time. California ALONE has FORTY times the population if Italy and I guarantee you our overall quality of living is better than theirs!  Proportionally we will lose less people than their entire country. State wide we probably have as many BIRTHS than the amount they have lost to the virus IN ONE DAY Come on people "doom and gloom" is not on the horizon. The sky is NOT falling.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2020, 03:13:20 PM »
    +1  As I mentioned in reply #62.  Yes fewer ( by 50%) on the freeway this week. This isn't "martial law" and panic in the streets time. California ALONE has FORTY times the population if Italy and I guarantee you our overall quality of living is better than theirs!  Proportionally we will lose less people than their entire country. State wide we probably have as many BIRTHS than the amount they have lost to the virus IN ONE DAY Come on people "doom and gloom" is not on the horizon. The sky is NOT falling.

Hear, Hear!

The CDC information shared by their representative is also coming to fruition. It looks like there is a cure. Strangely enough, it's the same products used to treat the H1N1 virus and the recovery has been in the 5-8 day range.  Thank God there looks to be light at the end of this tunnel. 

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2020, 05:04:09 PM »

I left in 1985 and never looked back. Had a great childhood in CNY but once I became a tax payer, not so much.

You are so right!!!! We should be all out of New York State by the end of the year, if not sooner!
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

jk66gt350

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2020, 10:35:32 PM »
Just so you are aware the population of Italy is actually a little more than 60 M people, 1.5 times California's population - not 1 M as your statement implies (California ALONE has FORTY times the population if Italy).   That changes your comparisons a little.