News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Non Script oval air cleaner top, 1967 GT 500

Started by Harris Speedster, March 23, 2020, 03:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

Check your period SAI parts catalog and you will find the answer.  See image below.

The lid came with the small block Holley dual quad high rise set up.  This set up had the Holley 3360 and 3361 carbs, rated around 460 cfm.  The kit part number was C6ZZ-6B068-A for $249.50 which is about $2K in today's money, minus value due to rarity and demand.

This was the same lid used with the 427 emblem minus the emblem and holes.  The carb stud spacing on the FE dual quad is the same as the small block dual quad.  This lid should not fit on the CARTER small block dual quad.

Enjoy

Cory

J_Speegle

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

JWH

Thanks Cory, the lid and base I posted pictures of came with an engine I bought a few years ago and I have always wondered what the application was for these. Good information. 

Royce Peterson

Like I said earlier, there were several applications both in production and over the counter, along with many reproductions over the years, including Dove making them on the OEM Ford tooling. Lots of them out there.

Quote from: JWH on March 28, 2020, 09:58:21 AM
Thanks Cory, the lid and base I posted pictures of came with an engine I bought a few years ago and I have always wondered what the application was for these. Good information.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock