News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Which car will bring the most money Shelby GT350R # 5R002 or the McQueen Bullitt

Started by FL SAAC, March 18, 2020, 09:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernon Estes

Quote from: Greg on March 20, 2020, 09:33:37 AM
Quote from: SBCARGUY on March 19, 2020, 09:25:04 PM
Without causing a Riot or more Chaos.... I have heard no one come forward to claim the purchase (or anyone who has TRUE actual knowledge)
that the "Bullitt Mustang Actually Sold for the stated sales price"

As a previous owner of (2) 1965 GT350R cars and know 5R002 quite well... It's the real deal and hopefully will go to someone who loves and cares for it as much as John Atzbach has.

My 2 cents... There is ZERO comparison between Bullitt and 002.

I believe the bullet car was bid up by Mecum, "Franks guy" supposedly won the bid and now Mecum has been negotiating with buyers to find it a new home and the seller isn't happy or hasn't accepted the lower offers.  There is no other explanation for no one claiming to be the owner of the car.

Ok guys, can we at least put this rumor to bed?

1) the car did find a real buyer.

2) that buyer, at least for now, wishes to remain anonymous. I'm sure the hobby will know sometime in the near future exactly who purchased it.

3) why remain anonymous? Honestly, I don't know..but if I spent 3.75m +\- on a car and wished to remain anonymous for a time, I'd hope that I'd earned the right to that esp given the price paid.

Rest assured, the bid on the car was real. I'm sure as heck not going to share the buyer though, the buyer can reveal himself at some point or give people permission to announce it if it's his prerogative to do that.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

FL SAAC

Nope

Without causing a Riot or more Chaos.... I have heard no one come forward to claim the purchase (or anyone who has TRUE actual knowledge)

As a previous owner of (2) 1965 GT350R cars and know 5R002 quite well... It's the real deal and hopefully will go to someone who loves and cares for it as much as John Atzbach has.

I believe the bullet car was bid up by Mecum, "Franks guy" supposedly won the bid and now Mecum has been negotiating with buyers to find it a new home and the seller isn't happy or hasn't accepted the lower offers.  There is no other explanation for no one claiming to be the owner of the car.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Nope car was not bid up by the house

We have to respect people's privacy and also time to get Bullitt ready to be displayed with the proper props and ambiance that should reflects its movie star heritage.

Get ready for the "red carpet unveiling" and soon it will be "show time" !

Quote from: Vernon Estes on March 20, 2020, 10:43:57 AM

I

2) that buyer, at least for now, wishes to remain anonymous. I'm sure the hobby will know sometime in the near future exactly who purchased it.

3) why remain anonymous? Honestly, I don't know..but if I spent 3.75m +\- on a car and wished to remain anonymous for a time, I'd hope that I'd earned the right to that esp given the price paid.

Rest assured, the bid on the car was real. I'm sure as heck not going to share the buyer though, the buyer can reveal himself at some point or give people permission to announce it if it's his prerogative to do that.

Kind regards,
Vern

I have all UNGOLD cars

Side-Oilers

Quote from: Vernon Estes on March 20, 2020, 10:43:57 AM

Kind regards,
Vern

Aha!  My vote is on Vern as the secret buyer.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: tesgt350 on March 19, 2020, 09:31:01 AM
Since it has a Reserve......."No Sale".

Bingo - The guy who had already decided to buy 002 has lowered how much he is willing to spend at this time.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Hmmmmmm

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on April 28, 2020, 01:22:01 PM
Quote from: tesgt350 on March 19, 2020, 09:31:01 AM
Since it has a Reserve......."No Sale".

Bingo - The guy who had already decided to buy 002 has lowered how much he is willing to spend at this time.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Just watched for the second time on NBCSN, the Mecum John Atzbach Collection presentation. I believe I was more  impressed watching it  the second time around. The new date of the auction July 10-18, could also be really good as everyone is tired of being cooped up and will be ready to get out of their homes and spend time / money. I think this time out has benefited the seller.  Best of luck!

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on May 02, 2020, 07:49:28 AM
Today Saturday preview at 4PM Eastern Time on NBCSN

I have all UNGOLD cars

Bigfoot

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on May 13, 2020, 08:32:22 PM
Just watched for the second time on NBCSN, the Mecum John Atzbach Collection presentation. I believe I was more  impressed watching it  the second time around. The new date of the auction July 10-18, could also be really good as everyone is tired of being cooped up and will be ready to get out of their homes and spend time / money. I think this time out has benefited the seller.  Best of luck!

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on May 02, 2020, 07:49:28 AM
Today Saturday preview at 4PM Eastern Time on NBCSN

I thought June?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

FL SAAC

The power of prayer!

We were lighting candles, making offerings to all the Saints and Spirits (rum) that 5R002 would surpass that horrendous green bullit....prayers answered.

SOLD, SOLD,  SOLD!! $$3,850,000.00 (with buyer's fee) Congratulations to the seller and buyer!

Got to be the best Shelby in the world!!

Quote from: BGlover67 on July 17, 2020, 03:21:54 PM
So the winner is....5R002! $3,850,000 including fees, wow!

I have all UNGOLD cars