News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Which car will bring the most money Shelby GT350R # 5R002 or the McQueen Bullitt

Started by FL SAAC, March 18, 2020, 09:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBCARGUY

Without causing a Riot or more Chaos.... I have heard no one come forward to claim the purchase (or anyone who has TRUE actual knowledge)
that the "Bullitt Mustang Actually Sold for the stated sales price"

As a previous owner of (2) 1965 GT350R cars and know 5R002 quite well... It's the real deal and hopefully will go to someone who loves and cares for it as much as John Atzbach has.

My 2 cents... There is ZERO comparison between Bullitt and 002.

Side-Oilers

Hey Biggie,
Time to get the betting wall up again.

I'll start the roll with a $1.2M quess. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

I think it will be a different buyer for this Shelby.

The other was entertainment and celebrity.

This is historical a true one of one

Quote from: Side-Oilers on March 18, 2020, 10:03:18 PM
Agreed with Biggie.   Not even on the same day, in the same room, at the same time.  Definitely not now.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I think what the original author ment not only live people but also internet bidders involved with the auction

Quote from: Vernon Estes on March 19, 2020, 10:15:56 AM
Quote from: tesgt350 on March 19, 2020, 07:27:39 AM
Bullitt.  Mainly because the GT 350R will be selling On Line instead of in a Tent with 100's of People.

There is currently no plan to sell 5R002 in an online auction format. It'll be selling at Indy in a crowded room of bidders.

Kind regards,
Vern

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Agreed but just wanted to see people thoughts on these two unique vehicles.

Yes, yes... I understand if "Jimmy's " Shelby wouldn't have been turned into other things like toasters,  eating utensils, pans, numbers when it was recycled it to would have been on my "one of one Shelby list"

Quote from: 6s2020 on March 19, 2020, 06:56:50 PM
I think the Bullitt car V 5R002  is apples and oranges.

Keep it Shelby mustang V Shelby mustang.

5R002  V  Super Snake (2mil ?)  V  Jim Morrisons Shelby (in as found good condition) just say it was found and was real...Tony..Tony  ;D

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Dont agree some people are recession proof. What's occurring currently will affect them but not as it affects us.

Quote from: Bigfoot on March 19, 2020, 09:01:19 PM
I think that most conservative people whether loaded or not would rethink a purchase like this at the moment.
Meaning,....it will likely sell but with less froth and unbridled enthusiasm.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Vernon Estes

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on March 19, 2020, 09:20:04 PM
Quote from: Vernon Estes on March 19, 2020, 10:15:56 AM
Quote from: tesgt350 on March 19, 2020, 07:27:39 AM
Bullitt.  Mainly because the GT 350R will be selling On Line instead of in a Tent with 100's of People.

There is currently no plan to sell 5R002 in an online auction format. It'll be selling at Indy in a crowded room of bidders.

Kind regards,
Vern
Vern, are you involved in the sale of 5R002?

QSS

Yes sir, I'm helping John with the sale of the cars as well as memorabilia.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

silverton_ford

I feel this car should and will sell for a world record.  This car, the racing history, the drivers who won so many races, the mechanics who built this car in 1965 and the people behind preserving, restoring, researching and helping showcase this car deserve the attention, respect and notoriety from the world for the hard work and countless time invested to make 5R002 such a key figure for the GT350 name and brand.

The hard work, attention to detail, countless hours of research and efforts by John Atzbach, John Brown, Mark Hovander, Jim Wicks, many WASAAC and SAAC members across the country, Mark Gillette, Steve Volk, The Shelby American Collection in Boulder, CO, Chuck Cantwell, Jerry Schwarz, Peter Brock, Jim Marrieta and many people (a list of where credit is due here:  http://www.5r002.com/a-special-thanks )that have had their heart and desire poured into making 5R002 available to you and I deserve so much praise and respect.

If it wasn't for all of the great people connected to this car over the years we wouldn't have had so many amazing informative topics and conversations on this forum that we did back during the years it was at the Shelby Collection, repeating the historical events of when and how this car was found in Mexico, during the restoration phase, travelling the country in 2014 with 5S003 to showcase 50 years of Mustang, seeing it win 1st place at Pebble Beach....(we will most likely never see another Mustang on the lawn), winning at Amelia Island and everywhere else it ever went, seeing it at numerous Ford Motor Company events, seeing the Original Venice Crew use it to help promote and build their new cars, to see the 2015 R model cars created,......and countless other great successes and promotions in the Shelby community we all may have never known or realized were related because of 5R002.

5R002 is such an important piece in our Shelby community and it will always be the pinnacle of the Shelby marque.  It is the greatest GT350 and all of us as Shelby enthusiasts should be rooting for the future success of this car.  5R002 is onto its next chapter and that chapter will be another great adventure. 

FL SAAC

A BIG PLUS ONE this S H E L B Y is 1 of 1 the real ones !

Quote from: silverton_ford on March 20, 2020, 02:57:57 AM
I feel this car should and will sell for a world record.  This car, the racing history, the drivers who won so many races, the mechanics who built this car in 1965 and the people behind preserving, restoring, researching and helping showcase this car deserve the attention, respect and notoriety from the world for the hard work and countless time invested to make 5R002 such a key figure for the GT350 name and brand.

The hard work, attention to detail, countless hours of research and efforts by John Atzbach, John Brown, Mark Hovander, Jim Wicks, many WASAAC and SAAC members across the country, Mark Gillette, Steve Volk, The Shelby American Collection in Boulder, CO, Chuck Cantwell, Jerry Schwarz, Peter Brock, Jim Marrieta and many people (a list of where credit is due here:  http://www.5r002.com/a-special-thanks )that have had their heart and desire poured into making 5R002 available to you and I deserve so much praise and respect.

If it wasn't for all of the great people connected to this car over the years we wouldn't have had so many amazing informative topics and conversations on this forum that we did back during the years it was at the Shelby Collection, repeating the historical events of when and how this car was found in Mexico, during the restoration phase, travelling the country in 2014 with 5S003 to showcase 50 years of Mustang, seeing it win 1st place at Pebble Beach....(we will most likely never see another Mustang on the lawn), winning at Amelia Island and everywhere else it ever went, seeing it at numerous Ford Motor Company events, seeing the Original Venice Crew use it to help promote and build their new cars, to see the 2015 R model cars created,......and countless other great successes and promotions in the Shelby community we all may have never known or realized were related because of 5R002.

5R002 is such an important piece in our Shelby community and it will always be the pinnacle of the Shelby marque.  It is the greatest GT350 and all of us as Shelby enthusiasts should be rooting for the future success of this car.  5R002 is onto its next chapter and that chapter will be another great adventure.

I have all UNGOLD cars

The Going Thing

A beat-up movie car with no real pedigree other than it was in a movie or a real race legend. I'll take option number two. I wouldn't walk across an auditorium to see the Bullit Car.

FL SAAC

+ 1

Quote from: The Going Thing on March 20, 2020, 08:59:06 AM
A beat-up movie car with no real pedigree other than it was in a movie or a real race legend. I'll take option number two. I wouldn't walk across an auditorium to see the Bullit Car.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Greg

Quote from: SBCARGUY on March 19, 2020, 09:25:04 PM
Without causing a Riot or more Chaos.... I have heard no one come forward to claim the purchase (or anyone who has TRUE actual knowledge)

As a previous owner of (2) 1965 GT350R cars and know 5R002 quite well... It's the real deal and hopefully will go to someone who loves and cares for it as much as John Atzbach has.

I believe the bullet car was bid up by Mecum, "Franks guy" supposedly won the bid and now Mecum has been negotiating with buyers to find it a new home and the seller isn't happy or hasn't accepted the lower offers.  There is no other explanation for no one claiming to be the owner of the car. 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

shelbydoug

Quote from: The Going Thing on March 20, 2020, 08:59:06 AM

I've got to agree here. +2. Plus, which is the real "Bullet"? There's only one 002.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

SBCARGUY

My point EXACTLY  8)

Quote from: Greg on March 20, 2020, 09:33:37 AM
Quote from: SBCARGUY on March 19, 2020, 09:25:04 PM

I believe the bullet car was bid up by Mecum, "Franks guy" supposedly won the bid and now Mecum has been negotiating with buyers to find it a new home and the seller isn't happy or hasn't accepted the lower offers.  There is no other explanation for no one claiming to be the owner of the car.