News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 GT350 Carburetor Plumbing

Started by Corey Bowcutt, March 19, 2020, 09:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: Krelboyne on March 20, 2020, 04:12:21 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on March 20, 2020, 01:26:07 PM
Quote from: Chris Thauberger on March 20, 2020, 12:19:35 PM
Posted this on another thread for Milo, thought you might like to have a look.

My 302 doesn't look like that? I like all the striped hoses but I must have screwed up?

No, they slipped in a GT-500 photo.   ::)

Geez, a guy makes a mistake and he never hears the end of it. LOL
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

FL SAAC

~ ¿ Big block 428 ? ~

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on March 20, 2020, 12:19:35 PM
Posted this on another thread for Milo, thought you might like to have a look.

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Corey Bowcutt

Charles,

Thank you for the photos.  These are very helpful.  It looks like in these photos there is the aluminum cobra intake so that answers my question about the cast iron thermostat housing with the vacuum tree fitting used on the aluminum intake. 

I have another question.  I see on Pete's website that with the cast iron intake there is a 1" spacer under the carburetor.  With the aluminum intake is there a spacer used with the Holley?  I can not tell by the pictures.

One more point of clarification.  From what I think I see in Pete's and Charles' pictures there is the yellow striped hose feeds the thermostat vacuum tree coming off the side of the carburetor.  Then from the thermostat tree there is a green striped hose that feeds the front of the distributor vacuum advance and a red striped hose that feeds the back of the vacuum advance.  Is this correct it is a little hard to tell for sure but certainly looks that way.

Corey

Coralsnake

Yes you have the vacuum lines correct

The recall specified a phonelic spacer. It is a 1/4 inch thick. Its similar to the other spacers, but has a steel tube on the back.

The problem with the recall is everyone was doing it and there was very little consistency.

Coralsnake

The red striped hose has a "t"

One end connects to the vacuum advance, one to the intake and one to the tree

Coralsnake

CharlesTurner

Few more pics.

Please excuse the surface rust on the vacuum tube  ;D .  Also, the tilt column hose is not connected as I was doing some tuning and haven't put it on yet.

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Corey Bowcutt

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on March 20, 2020, 08:06:26 PM
You guys are awesome!!!!!

YW

If I'm lucky, I have redeemed myself to shelbydoug   ::) ::)
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Special Ed

Holley fuel transfer tube needs fliped Charles unless its different on a gt350 than a big block the tube is bent different on the one end for clearance for pcv system. Look at coralsnake #5 post photo.

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Special Ed on March 21, 2020, 01:02:56 AM
Holley fuel transfer tube needs fliped Charles unless its different on a gt350 than a big block the tube is bent different on the one end for clearance for pcv system. Look at coralsnake #5 post photo.

Thanks Ed.  I just sent the carb to Drew P to fix all the leak issues it has.  Will mention the tube.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge