News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Incorrect 67 GT500 P/S pump for sale on ebay

Started by Bob Gaines, March 05, 2018, 05:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

I am giving the seller the benefit of the doubt and assuming since it came off of his car that he thinks it must be original in his mind. It couldn't be farther then the truth in this case. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-shelby-gt-500-power-steering-pump/202250247818  I sent message "I thought you should know that although you say the pump came off of a 67 Shelby it did not come on the car from the factory. The bump housing and return nipple configuration identifies it as a non Shelby Pump . Also the P/S pulley is nether correct for GT500 with A/C (too small) or a non A/C car (wrong off set). That is in case you are concerned about a ebay dispute when the buyer finds out the description is incorrect. This message is meant in a helpful way. Bob Gaines Shelby concours judge "
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 05, 2018, 05:54:58 PM
I am giving the seller the benefit of the doubt and assuming since it came off of his car that he thinks it must be original in his mind. It couldn't be farther then the truth in this case. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-shelby-gt-500-power-steering-pump/202250247818  I sent message "I thought you should know that although you say the pump came off of a 67 Shelby it did not come on the car from the factory. The bump housing and return nipple configuration identifies it as a non Shelby Pump . Also the P/S pulley is nether correct for GT500 with A/C (too small) or a non A/C car (wrong off set). That is in case you are concerned about a ebay dispute when the buyer finds out the description is incorrect. This message is meant in a helpful way. Bob Gaines Shelby concours judge "

8)

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Stubee

Bob,

Great thing to do and saved some unsuspecting and less knowledgeable soul from a lot of headache.

I've been pretty lucky over the years and 99.9 of the items as I had hoped for.

Special Ed, Meyers Cars, Marcus Anghel, Anghel Restorations, Tom, ECS, Karl, Tony Branda, Jack, Deadnuts On all have great parts and technical help.

There are many other great vendors with parts and services i've used from ebay. Maybe not the cheapest option however until a "supplier group" is established through trial and error it takes awhile to know who is the real deal. I must say the down to earth and friendly nature of the guys above made it a pleasure.

This isn't advertising, they don't need it, but a thank you to some of the great folks in the business.

There are more and I will post them later for Original Carbs, Rear Differentials, and memorabilia.
Living permanently overseas this online shopping method is about the only way to get what is needed.

Trust and correctly listed items are critical, your EBay response keeps those things in the forefront.

Cheers in advance,

Stubee

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 05, 2018, 06:19:59 PM
Is it the correct pulley?
If you re read my response I say that it is not for ether Air or non Air application.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 06, 2018, 12:53:36 AM
If you re read my response I say that it is not for ether Air or non Air application.

Yes. Sorry sir. I feel like I should be given detention?   :-[
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 06, 2018, 04:26:34 PM

Maybe to Niagara Falls ?

gt350hr

Bob ,
      The price is in line with a dealer in Wa state. ;) I wish I could get those prices.  :(
     Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 06, 2018, 05:03:29 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on March 06, 2018, 04:26:34 PM

Maybe to Niagara Falls ?

No one goes to NF anymore. It's too crowded.  ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!