Author Topic: 1967 Shelby Mustang registry  (Read 28339 times)

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 Shelby Mustang registry
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2021, 04:02:37 PM »

If nobody cared, nobody would ask.

+1
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

68gtcoupe

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2021, 05:02:24 PM »
I've chimed in on this topic a couple times over the last year.  Here's my current observation:

The 1967 Shelby Registry is done as far as SAAC is concerned and is in the hands of the printer.  To my knowledge, no one at SAAC works for the printing company that was selected to produce the printed Registry.  As such, no one at SAAC is in a position to urge things along, other than inquiring regularly what the timeline is for availability from the printer.  With revised date information, interested SAAC members could then be updated regularly as to when one might expect the announcement regarding the For Sale date of said Registry.  This would likely alleviate many of the inquiries related to the availability.

I agree that there is the widespread appearance globally of "It's because of Covid", and there is likely overuse of said "excuse".  I think it's safe to say that the entity who printed the 2021 SAAC Annual is not the one chosen to produce the 1967 Registry. 

I own every printed SAAC Registry dating to 1976, so obviously I'm a consumer of information, particularly that concerning anything produced by Shelby during the 1960s.  I'm as eager as anyone to receive the email saying that the 1967 Registry is available for purchase.  But I've learned that there are circumstances beyond my control in terms of this project, and that the constant "Are we there yet?" banter is obviously grating on certain individual's nerves, and I understand that.

Having said that, I am just grateful for what I do have in terms of reference material related to these automobiles.  These cars wouldn't be what they are today without this club and all who have contributed to its success.

Santa can't always deliver on wishes, but I am certain he always does his best.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Terry in NH

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2021, 08:43:52 PM »
I've chimed in on this topic a couple times over the last year.  Here's my current observation:

The 1967 Shelby Registry is done as far as SAAC is concerned and is in the hands of the printer.  To my knowledge, no one at SAAC works for the printing company that was selected to produce the printed Registry.  As such, no one at SAAC is in a position to urge things along, other than inquiring regularly what the timeline is for availability from the printer.  With revised date information, interested SAAC members could then be updated regularly as to when one might expect the announcement regarding the For Sale date of said Registry.  This would likely alleviate many of the inquiries related to the availability.

I agree that there is the widespread appearance globally of "It's because of Covid", and there is likely overuse of said "excuse".  I think it's safe to say that the entity who printed the 2021 SAAC Annual is not the one chosen to produce the 1967 Registry. 

I own every printed SAAC Registry dating to 1976, so obviously I'm a consumer of information, particularly that concerning anything produced by Shelby during the 1960s.  I'm as eager as anyone to receive the email saying that the 1967 Registry is available for purchase.  But I've learned that there are circumstances beyond my control in terms of this project, and that the constant "Are we there yet?" banter is obviously grating on certain individual's nerves, and I understand that.

Having said that, I am just grateful for what I do have in terms of reference material related to these automobiles.  These cars wouldn't be what they are today without this club and all who have contributed to its success.

Santa can't always deliver on wishes, but I am certain he always does his best.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Terry in NH

There ya' go! Gobble, goble!
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2021, 10:15:08 PM »
I got to wonder....
How would the Cobra owner's deal with no registry?
How would the 65 Shelby owner's deal with no registry?
How would the 68 Shelby owner's deal with no registry?
How would the 69+ Shelby owner's deal with no registry?
So, we are led to think that the 67 registry was sent to the printer last? I will assume the best and think that there was a larger amount of info, thus it was sent in after every other year was? Yes, I am making noise....I will hold back. I would not want to be thought of poorly.

Maybe the above last line is a hint that it will come out the week after Thanksgiving???
RARE  Signature Delete

68gtcoupe

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2021, 06:31:13 AM »
I got to wonder....
So, we are led to think that the 67 registry was sent to the printer last? I will assume the best and think that there was a larger amount of info, thus it was sent in after every other year was? Yes, I am making noise....I will hold back. I would not want to be thought of poorly.

Maybe the above last line is a hint that it will come out the week after Thanksgiving???

The 1967 Registry is not the last one.  The newest version of the 1969-1970 Registry has yet to be released.  And the 1968 Registry likely contains far more information than the 1967 Registry as there were many more cars built for 1968.  I'm not sure why the 1968 Registry was released prior to the 1967 Registry, that's a question for the higher ups.

The "Happy Thanksgiving" was just that.  Nothing more than a closing remark to my post, not speculation nor hinting.

SCJSTU

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2021, 10:01:08 AM »
I got to wonder....

sell your 67 and buy a 68....problem solved
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1 Azure Blue
1956 Ford F100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU bagged
1961 Falcon 2 door wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD custom

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2021, 10:32:16 AM »
I will AFTER I find a factory manual. Not so sure about that solving the problem. My first love in the Shelby world was the 67.
RARE  Signature Delete

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2021, 10:22:40 AM »
This was the heading in my email today,

"Black Friday offer - *** Clarification ***"

When I saw that....tell me what I thought...
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2021, 10:40:08 AM »
May we recommend a cease fire during Thanksgiving

Then you can commence later with your parle on this topic
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2021, 11:00:13 AM »
Where do you come up with all of your stuff? "FL SAAC", LOL. I had a friend up north who was the same way!!! Its hard to keep quiet, but easy to sit on a sofa and look at stuff!!
If its not the 67 Registry its yellow lettering on tires that are bothering me today! Ahhhh, I have a great life, if that is all that bothers me! (actually, there is much more that "really" bothers me)....I bet we can guess that stuff also.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2021, 12:28:12 PM »

How every word you write is being scrutinized by the SAAC committee

This is getting serious smalls, real serious

Truce on Thanksgiving no mention of ANY registries today

Where do you come up with all of your stuff? "FL SAAC", LOL. I had a friend up north who was the same way!!! Its hard to keep quiet, but easy to sit on a sofa and look at stuff!!
If its not the 67 Registry its yellow lettering on tires that are bothering me today! Ahhhh, I have a great life, if that is all that bothers me! (actually, there is much more that "really" bothers me)....I bet we can guess that stuff also.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2021, 09:58:52 PM »
I think if people go back to the beginning of this thread you will have your answer.
And take a deep breath.
And a cup of decaf….
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2021, 07:38:02 AM »
I think if people go back to the beginning of this thread you will have your answer.
And take a deep breath.
And a cup of decaf….

Kava Kava.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2021, 08:53:55 AM »
Good morning Biggie glad to have you back and a happy belated thanksgiving to you and yours !

Back on topic

Oh about the registry,  chill it will get here when it gets here

And take a deep breath.
And a cup of decaf….

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2021, 03:11:45 PM »
x2-some of you need to find better ways to occupy your time.  The whining and moaning is getting old on this topic and others.  Or, feel free to jump in and help gather, sort, vet and then prep. for publishing.  Christ almighty.