News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

OK....WHO owns THIS 67?

Started by tesgt350, March 05, 2018, 06:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

Greg

LOL...No way someone would do that to a real Shelby... No Seriously, really, can't be......
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

69mach351w

Well look at the tag, looks european and the photo looks period. Yes, I can see this happening then.

Well I have always wanted a rear window wiper and sunroof on MY 67 so maybe I will go that route as well...food for thought!!! :o

jguyer

Being a convertible guy, I can kind of understand the sunroof. But come on, rear wiper!!??

"What's behind me, is not important."
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

deathsled

Stomach churning.  I feel queasy.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Makes rolled fender lips look pretty innocuous.

6s1640

The canvas sunroof was available back in the day.  I have a buddy with a 68 Cougar with the factory canvas sunroof.  The owner of the car may have purchased the pieces to install.  It could be considered a "day 2" modification. 

Cory

P.S.  The canvas sunroof is much more reliable that the electric sunroof from the same time period and simpler to install.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 6s1640 on March 06, 2018, 01:17:36 AM
The canvas sunroof was available back in the day.  I have a buddy with a 68 Cougar with the factory canvas sunroof.  The owner of the car may have purchased the pieces to install.  It could be considered a "day 2" modification. 

Cory

P.S.  The canvas sunroof is much more reliable that the electric sunroof from the same time period and simpler to install.
Or to some a Dumb Day 2 modification . ::)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s1640

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 06, 2018, 01:22:55 AM
Quote from: 6s1640 on March 06, 2018, 01:17:36 AM

Cory

Or to some a Dumb Day 2 modification . ::)

Hi Bob,  Yes, it may not have been the best idea.  But there have been worse.  I remember seeing a Shelby American News letter Story showing a circa 1968 Shelby Mustang with the wheel well radiused with what looks like a axe.  That is a Dumb Day 2 modification.

Take care

Cory

Don Johnston

If you have to put a billboard on the rear, it isn't what you say it is.

shelbydoug

I don't recognize the license plate configuration? Is this in Africa rather then Europe?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

texas swede

Hi guys,
I believe this is car #1655 which came from Claude Dubois in Belgium and ended
up in the U.K. A guy by the name of Gordon McMillan in Scotland used to own this
GT350. I communicated with him several times after he bought the car in 1981. #1655
had the sunroof shown in the picture and was to be restored by Gordon.
Probably have some pictures somewhere.
Texas Swede