News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Tri County Shut Down March 24, 2020 or you can't visit the keys

Started by FL SAAC, March 24, 2020, 03:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Aloha everyone

The tri county area has announced no more than 10 people can get together at any public establishments

Game over, see you soon heading into the keys....
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

Wait for NYC people to invade FLA. Possibly all the Snowbirds that arena FLA will just stay this year. But I would worry. If they come to FLA watch out!
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

They may come from everywhere into FL

But once they hit the stretch and arrive at the first island key largo,  they will be sent home.

You need one of these to be invited to the party!

Smile it's a lonely ride back....

Coronavirus Impact: Monroe County Sheriff's Office Implementing Southbound Stops Into Florida Keys – CBS Miami
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/03/24/coronavirus-southbound-stops-florida-keys/

Quote from: 67 GT350 on March 24, 2020, 09:26:27 PM
Wait for NYC people to invade FLA. Possibly all the Snowbirds that arena FLA will just stay this year. But I would worry. If they come to FLA watch out!

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

The smiley face does not come on the entry sticker...I just wanted to show my artistic side....adios amigos!

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Better details as the first link was off on the MM

The stop begins at MM 112 or as soon as you enter the first key

Amid coronavirus, Keys officials to close U.S. 1 in FL Keys | Miami Herald
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/florida-keys/article241462451.html

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I told you they are serious, two blockades running 24 hours a day...turning people back...

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Still closed they say May but in talking to the boys that handle the blockade its really going to be June or later....

I have all UNGOLD cars

Don Johnston

Hawaii closure extended to end of May also.  Save up for the re-opening sometime later this year. Yes, we do have guards at the airport to greet you and you don't get flowers. 8)

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

The Going Thing

Complete and total overreaction.  Those at risk should stay at home. Not everyone.

FL SAAC

Absolutely agree, extend those 45 day stone crab ending nonsense!

Quote from: The Going Thing on May 01, 2020, 10:22:19 AM
Complete and total overreaction.  Those at risk should stay at home. Not everyone.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Don Johnston

Unfortunately, everyone at risk, just some more seriously than others.  We have had cases in all age groups but luckily, due to early reaction, none in any senior living facilities or care homes.  All of the cases came from due to travelers, visitors and returning residents bringing it in. All were asymptomatic at the time and did not know they were contagious before spreading the Covid-19.  Add all the "Covidiots" who refuse to care and be responsible resulted in a strong shut down State wide. 

It is working. It now looks like there is a slow easing and cautious of State restrictions on various businesses and where people can go each day  due to the decline in cases.  At least there is more testing to get a better picture  8)

Side-Oilers

Don, I feel especially for you guys on the island.  Literally no where to go.   
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Don Johnston

Are you kidding?  When we do not have the usual extra 26,000 to 33,000 visitors arriving daily (State info), it makes the roads, parks, beaches hiking trails (that are open) more enjoyable once again for local residents and have allowed for more areas to open up. 

However, you cannot cluster in groups.  For exercise only from walking and jogging to surfing is okay in and around parks.  No sitting on the beach or in the park.  No picnics or sports gatherings.

Unfortunately, Hawaii has the highest unemployment rate for the last two months due to the closure of hotels and resort affiliated stores as well as almost all retail other than grocery and hardware stores and gas stations.  Golf courses just reopened with one to a cart as did car dealerships b appointment only, though service centers never were closed.

Tourist industry is expected to come back in limited steps with health checks at the airports.  Airlines are applying to restart their routes.  It would be faster if they added health checks as people went through TSA instead of being checked on arrival and if not okay, being told to quarantine in hotel room for 14 days or return on next available flight. Looks like are crew and passengers will have to have masks on for the flight. 8)

FL SAAC

Headed back into the mainland today. Something about cutting grass  a birthday party and a Sunday meeting ????

The boys are doing an excellent job in the keys holding traffic up checking every vehicle attempting to get in. Once you have been identified as a non resident, they politely ask you to make a u turn. They explain why you can't come in as they take down your information. Guess it's to see repeat offenders.

Tremendous comparison:

Miami-Dade has confirmed 12,389 cases with 358 deaths

Broward County had 4,953 cases, and 185 reported deaths.

Palm Beach County had 2,963 cases and 186 deaths

Monroe ( Fl Keys) had 79 cases and 3 deaths.

Headed back to the keys on Tuesday, go fish !

I have all UNGOLD cars