News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 GT500 on eBay.... 67410F8A02995 Shelby 2995

Started by Greg, March 25, 2020, 08:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

shelbydoug

That's a relisting. It previously went to 142 and no sale.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

People are not in the times when it comes to selling an old car.
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

Nice looking car. Repro hood kind of attacks the credibility of the other accusations made about the original condition that are not disclosed by intention or lack of knowledge ;)  Just saying.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

if it's not a repainted car why are the pinch-welds not blacked?
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

BGlover67

Quote from: JD on March 25, 2020, 11:51:02 AM

JD, it was the special 'pinch-welds painted delete' option.   ::)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Cool car ,automatic and outboards don't help value imho.BTW does EVERYONE (except me) have a "private,climate controlled museum"? Seems like every other car that comes up for sale is stored in one... :o

TOBKOB

^^^^ My cars are all stored in a climate controlled building...heated in the summer and air conditioned in the winter... ;D  8)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

JD

Quote from: BGlover67 on March 25, 2020, 12:13:42 PM
Quote from: JD on March 25, 2020, 11:51:02 AM

JD, it was the special 'pinch-welds painted delete' option.   ::)

oooooh - that again!  (is that linked with the missing copper hood ground strap and relocated coil mounting?)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Side-Oilers

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

I saw this car in Gordon Apker's collection in the summer of 1988.

At the time, he had a restoration shop on his ranch (located Redondo beach area of the seattle metro area) and it had just been freshened up with paint and interior work, like the smooth seats.

Greg

It is a beautiful color.  A couple of things, do you think it is really 8900 miles and I thought the 67's had cookie cutter oil filler cap on the driver side valve cover.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Greg on March 25, 2020, 02:41:54 PM
It is a beautiful color.  A couple of things, do you think it is really 8900 miles and I thought the 67's had cookie cutter oil filler cap on the driver side valve cover.
Very nice condition car but it is hard to tell for sure if claimed mileage is original or not by remote . Given the pictures that show how much has been touched on the outside,engine compartment and underside at the very least those details would raise the question in a prudent buyer's mind why would all of those areas need attention if such low mileage? It could just as easy be 108,900 miles given the details seen in the pictures.  I know I am skeptical of the claims in the ad based on the pictures supplied. I would question the abilities of the so called "Two concours judges have examined the paint and affirm it is original." given just the evidence that stands out in the low definition monitor pictures shown in the description that would suggest otherwise. Who knows what other details a close on site examination of the paint and body would turn up. :o
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

greekz

Would a later production car use taillight bezels that had integral studs, or should it have screw on bezels?  Thought there was a production change where all late production cars had screw on bezels.

Nice looking car.   
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

Bob Gaines

Quote from: greekz on March 25, 2020, 06:01:00 PM
Would a later production car use taillight bezels that had integral studs, or should it have screw on bezels?  Thought there was a production change where all late production cars had screw on bezels.

Nice looking car.
Correct . The current consensus of opinion is that the bezels went from the integral studs to the ones that had the holes and screws when the tail panel changed from flat to contoured in earlier (earlier teens typically by vin) production. FYI the one's in the picture are repro's. You can tell by the contour of the corners. The one with the integral studs is the only one reproduced. The original one's with the screw holes were most likely broken being taken off when the car was restored . Oh wait that can't be true because the description says " This is likely the finest original 1967 GT500 in the world today."  Can it?  ;)