News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

65 GT350 Oil pressure sender wire routing.

Started by mygt350, March 25, 2020, 11:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygt350

When Shelby removed the original electric oil pressor sensor in block and replaced it to the metal block and connected the braided line to the dash mounted gauge in the pod, what exactly did they do with the braided portion of the original oil pressure sender wire? Was it cut at some undisclosed some location or was the original braided harness folded and taped back to the original harness leg that went to molded plug on water temp, coil and oil temp sender on firewall? Can anyone with knowledge please let me know exactly how SA accomplished the mod to the original oil pressure line? Would also really appreciate seeing pic of the two wires to the heater fan motor where they connect. Should be yellow/brown out of fan motor connecting to I assume same color wires to firewall molded plug connector. Am doing after last minute fixes to 5S228 after it has left to its new home for summer vacation and maybe quite bit longer given current health issues poping up lately....
Pictures would be a God send.

Thanks

I can actually see SA cutting wire to save weight.....
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

texas swede

Hi Martin,
The wire in 5S275 was cut in the harness just my the forward driver side corner where the head and intake
meets.
Texas Swede

mygt350

Thanks Bo. Someone once told me the entire connector to the sender was tucked back and retaped into the harness and that just didn't sound like something one of Shelbys guys with a pair of side cutters handy would do back in the day. Snip, problem solved. Assume they added short piece of tape to attach the cut wire back to harness and keep it from showing?
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mygt350 on March 27, 2020, 08:18:38 AM
Thanks Bo. Someone once told me the entire connector to the sender was tucked back and retaped into the harness and that just didn't sound like something one of Shelbys guys with a pair of side cutters handy would do back in the day. Snip, problem solved. Assume they added short piece of tape to attach the cut wire back to harness and keep it from showing?
Sometimes the cut would be covered and sometimes it was not. Not unusual ether way. It was probably not shown much concern because if grounded it would not blow a fuse.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby