Author Topic: 1969/70 Shelby Rear valence cut out  (Read 992 times)

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
1969/70 Shelby Rear valence cut out
« on: March 25, 2020, 04:58:02 PM »
Shelby  1969/70  Rear lower valance with exhaust opening cut.  I dont normally do these except for our own restorations as they are a real pain in the ass to do  .  but I had another restorer ask me to do 2 for him .  I have a pattern  of an original valance hanging on my wall from an original paint car we restored many years ago . We start with a new best quality standard valence  and slowly carve the hole  until its close to the right shape . then we smooth out the rough spots  close enough  to let the final painter  do the rest.  We ship these in an oversize box  with styrofoam padding  insured.  Price is $225 plus the ride   - around $40    shipping to a business is always cheaper (920) 434 3645   jim at shelby parts  dot com
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 1969/70 Shelby Rear valence cut out
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 05:17:42 PM »
FYI for those reading, the rear valence with the cutout will easily fold in half (which is a very bad thing ;) ) if not supported through the center until it is permanently attached.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
Re: 1969/70 Shelby Rear valence cut out
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 05:25:42 PM »
Thats why I ship them taped t a piece of plywood    ;D
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member