News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Your opinion of best apocalyptic movie.

Started by trotrof1, March 26, 2020, 10:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Side-Oilers

+1 on first Planet of the Apes.  That last scene is powerful.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

6s1802

Hands down the 1959 version of On The Beach

shelbydoug

Quote from: 6s1802 on March 26, 2020, 11:22:59 PM
Hands down the 1959 version of On The Beach

"Best" is a tough call to classify it as. I'd say "way to effin realistic". It's VERY disturbing and if it doesn't move you, best check for a pulse, you may be dead?

Watch it, if you dare. It'll set you strait.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

NC TRACKRAT

Another vote for "On the Beach" and a close Second Place for "Soylent Green" with Charlton Heston and Edward G. Robinson
5S071, 6S1467

The Going Thing

Soylent Green... I had forgotten about that one. I would venture to guess It's because it was released in 1973 and I was eight.  There is actually a product out for human consumption called Soylent.  We already know soybeans aren't good for the human digestive system.
However, knowing the background and the movie I think I'll pass.  :o

https://soylent.com/products/drink-cacao

shelbydoug

Quote from: The Going Thing on March 27, 2020, 11:26:23 AM
Soylent Green... I had forgotten about that one. I would venture to guess It's because it was released in 1973 and I was eight.  There is actually a product out for human consumption called Soylent.  We already know soybeans aren't good for the human digestive system.
However, knowing the background and the movie I think I'll pass.  :o

https://soylent.com/products/drink-cacao

Yuck! I'm not drinkin' that crap!
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

trotrof1

In the Omega Man flick when the black robed creeps jacked up Chucks mustang paint job with fire, it was game on after that. Imagine if you were driving home and that happened to your newly delivered Ford GT Heritage. Things could get ugly and right quick.

shelbydoug

Quote from: trotrof1 on March 27, 2020, 12:25:56 PM
In the Omega Man flick when the black robed creeps jacked up Chucks mustang paint job with fire, it was game on after that. Imagine if you were driving home and that happened to your newly delivered Ford GT Heritage. Things could get ugly and right quick.

True, but that is fantasy. I've been cautioned officially here about the use of firearms to protect my vehicles from theft. Seems that the crooks have more rights then I do?

God forbid, they aren't registered? I could go to jail for 20 years if I used an unregistered hand gun.

The local PD wants to know how I can prove that someone sitting in the drivers seat with the engine running in my driveway is stealing my car? You know, I don't know how to answer that? :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

The Going Thing

Quote from: Don Johnston on March 26, 2020, 02:49:09 PM
Let's get to the end of the road by having fun against all odds: "Gumball Rally". 8)

I own Gumball rally. The precursor to Cannonball Run.  Hard to believe that was a real 427 Cobra. Surprisingly many people actually thought a Ferrari was faster....

Side-Oilers

My vote for "The Sound of Music."  Never trusted Julie Andrews. She looks like a total world domination kind of gal.   
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

The Going Thing

Quote from: Side-Oilers on March 27, 2020, 12:44:53 PM
My vote for "The Sound of Music."  Never trusted Julie Andrews. She looks like a total world domination kind of gal.   
You didn't know she was Gestapo? <snicker>

shelbydoug

Quote from: The Going Thing on March 27, 2020, 12:50:33 PM
Quote from: Side-Oilers on March 27, 2020, 12:44:53 PM
You didn't know she was Gestapo? <snicker>

You know? She was always suspiciously comfortable in that movie? I wonder what her DNA test indicates?  :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Anyone see the movie "The Road". Very scary portrayal
And of the Kevin Costner Apocalyptic Trilogy "Waterworld" "The Postman" and his minor part in the movie "Testament" , it's really a good one, better than "Day After" 
Another nuclear holocaust movie " Special Bulletin" made for TV, has an unbelievable ending
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

shelbydoug

I was actually watching Dr.Strangelove or is it Strangeglove, last night. I needed the senseless frivolity.

Sellers definitely had that ability to turn something so serious into a round of ridiculous non-sense.

Cheers Mr.Peter. ;)

We all need to be sure of the Purity of Essence of our bodily fluids?  8)

I'll also agree that riding along a beach and finding the torch of the "Statue of Liberty" sticking out of the sand is a very troubling thought as well. Actually Sunshine was pretty hot and even better, she didn't talk?

I grew up seeing the real statue every day. One day it just hit me as if I just saw it for the first time. It's very emotional when that happens. Difficult to hide your tears from the children. They don't understand.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

OMG PEOPLE, it has to be:

Scroll down

"IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD"

Can you imagine what that move would have looked like it FORD sponsored it?!?!?!
RARE  Signature Delete