News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Your opinion of best apocalyptic movie.

Started by trotrof1, March 26, 2020, 10:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

It's got to be "Gone with the wind"

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Rhett Butler
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

No, no, no changed my mind. The most apocalyptic award winning film ever produced has to be Blacula.

I have all UNGOLD cars

trotrof1

Was the award given to that film for the most patrons who demanded a refund?

FL SAAC

No, this masterpiece of a film depicting mans inhumanity to man or in this case... apocalypticism recieved several academy awards.  Thus catapulting a sequel, yes a sequel of this phenomenal jandra "scream Blacula scream"  aka Blacula # 2.

This second film also worn several major awards in the 70s. The main actor also received the noble peace prize for being the noblest actor in 1972.

If you haven't seen either we highly recommend you rent, no donr rent, purchase (yes its that good!) both so you can watch numerous times and add them to your visual collection to impress your friends. Betcha none have these two cultural apocalyptic films in their homes!

Quote from: trotrof1 on March 27, 2020, 10:41:30 PM
Was the award given to that film for the most patrons who demanded a refund?

I have all UNGOLD cars

Bigfoot

Anyone name a George A. Romero movie yet?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

The Going Thing

One of the original writers on the Zombie apocalypse.

shelbydoug

Quote from: The Going Thing on March 28, 2020, 01:18:49 PM

I'm on the lookout fro zombies. None yet. Mostly still just Dominicans from the Bronx. The come here, look for toilet paper, get tested (to raise our numbers) then have a party in the driveway banging on steel drums.

Why does it have to be steel drums? >:(
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

The Going Thing

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 28, 2020, 01:21:21 PM
Quote from: The Going Thing on March 28, 2020, 01:18:49 PM

I'm on the lookout fro zombies. None yet. Mostly still just Dominicans from the Bronx. The come here, look for toilet paper, get tested (to raise our numbers) then have a party in the driveway banging on steel drums.

Why does it have to be steel drums? >:(
It could be RAP!  ( You can't spell CRAP without it!)

shelbydoug

No, no. This is oil drums they beat on with tire irons. Rap had some value. This must be what you do in La Dominica on Sabado noche at the dump?

I wonder how the frequency changes depending on the caliber of the bullets they get shot with? Hum? I need to be careful. I wouldn't want to shoot any rats?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

NC TRACKRAT

Honorable Mention:  Twilight Zone Season 1 Episode 8  "Time Enough at Last" with Burgess Meredith as bank teller Henry Bemis.
5S071, 6S1467

trotrof1

Sharknado. The CIA says it works better than waterboarding.

kjspeed

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on March 28, 2020, 03:35:32 PM
Honorable Mention:  Twilight Zone Season 1 Episode 8  "Time Enough at Last" with Burgess Meredith as bank teller Henry Bemis.

Since dropping DirecTV I've been searching for streaming content that interests me. There's so much stuff out there that the satellite was keeping me from! Currently watching the 4 seasons of the original Twilight Zone on Netflix (seasons 1,2 3 & 5). I've always been a big fan and almost always would tune in when a Twilight Zone marathon was running. But I've seen several recently that I either don't remember or never saw in the first place. "Time Enough At Last" is a definite classic. Good call NC TRACKRAT!
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Jim Herrud

Another fan of Twilight Zone's "Time Enough At Last".
It's the one that came to mind when I saw this thread.
Shelby Buff.
I used to be a "Vintage Car" guy. Now I'm just a "Vintage" car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

The Going Thing

Quote from: kjspeed on March 28, 2020, 07:46:28 PM
Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on March 28, 2020, 03:35:32 PM

Since dropping DirecTV I've been searching for streaming content that interests me. There's so much stuff out there that the satellite was keeping me from! Currently watching the 4 seasons of the original Twilight Zone on Netflix (seasons 1,2 3 & 5). I've always been a big fan and almost always would tune in when a Twilight Zone marathon was running. But I've seen several recently that I either don't remember or never saw in the first place. "Time Enough At Last" is a definite classic. Good call NC TRACKRAT!
My favorite is 'King Nine Will Not Return' It's loosely based on the story of Lady Be Good that disappeared in 1943 and was found all but intact in the Libyan desert in 1958. The story is fascinating and tragic. I own several books and a relic that was recovered from the site.
Here is a brief. If you find it interesting and want to learn more there are several videos on Youtube and at least three books on the subject.
The crew was never honored, So I had a B-3 Bomber jacket painted to honor the crew.
https://unwritten-record.blogs.archives.gov/2017/06/16/lost-and-found-the-story-of-lady-be-good-and-her-crew/

Side-Oilers

Excellent episode of Twilight Zone. Always one of my favorites since I was a kid.

Very cool jacket!  Great way to honor those men.

Can you give us a hint of what kind of relic you have?   
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model