News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shelby license plate pics

Started by mikeh, March 26, 2020, 12:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Side-Oilers

I didn't know there are 8-digit plates in NY.    That means lots of new Shelby-derivative words now available to be displayed.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

67 GT350

Quote from: Side-Oilers on April 01, 2020, 09:28:05 PM
I didn't know there are 8-digit plates in NY.    That means lots of new Shelby-derivative words now available to be displayed.

As far as I know they always had 8, I got that plate back in the 80's I used the max because I thought 2 SS were taken, 3 SSS I thought would just not seem right, I chose the max at that point.....fill it up.

Then I saw someone got on with one less S than mine! LOL
RARE  Signature Delete

SHELB66

I was very lucky to get this matching pair for my 2 cars.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

gt350hr

Nice Craig! I was thinking about going looking for '06 # 477 but haven't taken on the task yet. It would be nice to have matching vins .
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

SHELB66

Quote from: gt350hr on April 02, 2020, 02:07:39 PM
  Nice Craig! I was thinking about going looking for '06 # 477 but haven't taken on the task yet. It would be nice to have matching vins .

What would be really cool would be locating a Shelby/Cobra diecast car (Franklin or Danbury mint) with a serial number that matches your car.  That would take a lot of luck!

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

Shawn

Here's a picture of my old 67 with its first plates in TX

gt350hr

Quote from: SHELB66 on April 02, 2020, 02:46:00 PM

What would be really cool would be locating a Shelby/Cobra diecast car (Franklin or Danbury mint) with a serial number that matches your car.  That would take a lot of luck!

Craig R.
Yes and I don't think I'm that OCD LOL. The big problem is 6S477 was/is white and all of the '06s are obviously black. If itr weren't for that I would have started the search already. Maybe I'll leave that to the future owner of 477.
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

TedS

I may have a weird sense of humor but I put this one on just to see if anyone would notice. Some have. I actually found an original set of valve covers on a farm truck so maybe its appropriate.

aCMXCVIIIer

I'm not good at identifying Mustang model years, but I spotted this plate on a nearby neighbor's late model car.  I didn't bother taking a picture since I don't know how to post them.  Anyway, it's BETTERL8

HERTZ II

Randy
  06H477 has some interesting history. The very first rental customer, from LAX, was auto journalist James Groth who featured the car in a article written for Auto Aficionado magazine. Later in 2006, #477 was rented by Joerg Maltzan, Autobild editor, and featured in 2 Youtube videos where it was driven.........how can I describe it.......spiritedly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuzE42axAXo
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTL5JGFiJNc

SFM5S000

Here is/are and currently the license plate to CSX2079 "SNAKE" and has been since 1974 (blue/yellow personalized California plates).
Tom told me a funny story about these plates that took place prior to the movie "gone in 60 seconds" circa 2000. He told me some time in (I think it was 1999) he was contacted by a representative from Touchstone pictures requesting the use of the plate "SNAKE".  As the plate was in inactive mode by California DMV records but still owned by Tom. At the time 2079 was in storage. Tom agreed. The plate was used in the scene where the Hummer in the garage was stolen during an evening college pool party. The Hummer had a live Snake in it. The camera panned to the plate that read "SNAKE". True story from Tom.
Here it is with me in 2079.

Cheers,
~Earl J

SFM66H

For the first 40 years I owned my car, I had the plate GT 350H. I got so tired of people asking me "Does the "H" stand for HURST?", that in 2016 I had finally had enough and decided to take their ability to ask that question away from them...

...and I decided the best way to do that was to remove all speculation, and put the word HERTZ first.

Now what they ask me every single time is, "What year is that?"  :o     

1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976

BGlover67

Quote from: SFM66H on April 03, 2020, 05:49:11 PM
For the first 40 years I owned my car, I had the plate GT 350H. I got so tired of people asking me "Does the "H" stand for HURST?", that in 2016 I had finally had enough and decided to take their ability to ask that question away from them...

...and I decided the best way to do that was to remove all speculation, and put the word HERTZ first.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

oldcanuck

A not often seen black plate .......

Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: SFM66H on April 03, 2020, 05:49:11 PM

As always I am in awe of how clean and neat your car is, the bottom looks better than the top of most cars.
I keep getting the question for mine , "is it real"
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎