Author Topic: SAAC is not living up to it's purpose  (Read 24406 times)

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
Re: SAAC is not living up to it's purpose
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2020, 12:28:49 PM »
Wait, we already have inspectors...they are called concours judges.

Unfortunately, the club values originality and preservation more than cars that have been reconstructed, fake tags, non original paint, modified suspensions, chrome engines, modern electronics, etc,

Just my observation, its not personal.

There a lot of things I dont like, but people can do what they like with their cars, you just cant expect everyone to like your choices or force them to help you, if they disagree with those choices.

Go ahead and say it Pete, you don't like PURPLE , it's OK to let out your true feelings LMAO.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2020, 03:18:16 PM »

As I said before I personally do not like clones, I would rather have a real (fill in the blank) then a fake Shelby. But that's me I don't hassle people for fakes, but the idea of collecting original correct parts for a fake makes zero sense.

100 percent agree
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2020, 08:44:04 AM »
The SAAC is a great organization for many reasons, but most of all, it protects the provenance of the the 65-70 Shelby's as well as early Cobras and GT40's.  The later renditions will never be as valuable as the first ones are but they are important vehicles because they proliferate the brand name. 

As far as clones, recreations and such they are okay as long as they don't get presented as original 1st generation cars. Most folks don't know the difference and don't care to find out, they just see pretty colors.  The original first generation cars are works of art and collected as such.  Can they be faked, sure they can, but that is why the SAAC is so important. 

I truly don't understand the backlash, I read what the OP presented and he was butt hurt because the "experts" weren't key board ready to unveil all the answers.  You have to research, make friends, ask, be humble in knowing the answers are out there and someone will help you.  Enjoy the journey grass hopper  ;D
Very well said ;)

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2020, 03:03:46 PM »
+1   That is what it all about. 8)

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2020, 09:23:00 PM »
Why don't you really become exclusive. We'll start the SAAC Gestapo division to inspect  all cars. If the powers that be don't approve of use of plating or finish on engine or components they declare the "pimp mobile" statute and remove said individuals and ban their participation.
Is that where we're going?  This tread started because of the arrogance shown him because he didn't want to do a half-assed job building his dream replicas. He was actually called stupid. How long do you think this forum and vendors will survive with this kind of disposition?
You better start thinking about the survival of our hobby. Most of you are gray ghost and clearly aren't forward thinking.
Just a little food for thought..

Papiere, bitte.
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2020, 07:21:06 AM »
 :o

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2020, 02:28:49 PM »
Pete, it means "Papers, Please".  ;)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2020, 02:31:59 PM »
richtig

it means "Papers, Please".  ;)
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2020, 03:06:29 PM »
I got it Rich. Unfortunately his encounter with the “SAAC Gestapo” did not turn out well.

Hopefully he will reemerge and we can help him. He could be a valuable club member.

I am hoping he really does have some integrity after reading all his posts and he steps up.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 03:17:00 PM by Coralsnake »

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2020, 03:51:41 PM »
I got it Rich. Unfortunately his encounter with the “SAAC Gestapo” did not turn out well.

Hopefully he will reemerge and we can help him. He could be a valuable club member.

I am hoping he really does have some integrity after reading all his posts and he steps up.
Glad you got it, I thought I'd just input to show others what it meant.

Actually, I don't keep up nor do I have any desire to keep up with whats going on with certain members here.  I'm here to learn, and that's about it.

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2020, 04:46:41 PM »
    The automotive world has always had guys whose egos were bigger than they were. Probably will never change. "Most of us" work together with the "common purpose" in mind. That's why "I" hang out here.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2020, 07:37:48 PM »
    The automotive world has always had guys whose egos were bigger than they were. Probably will never change. "Most of us" work together with the "common purpose" in mind. That's why "I" hang out here.
I am glad "I" does. ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2020, 07:50:05 AM »
I am glad "I" does. ;D

Ooo, youze guys!
68 GT350 Lives Matter!